Chapter 10 | 바쁘다

"Are you serious?" came her best friend's emotionless voice. "I can hear traffic, where are you? Get home so I can come beat some sense into you."

"Unnie," Hana complained. 

"Don't whine at me, you just said the most obvious thing that I've been trying to tell you for weeks."

"Okay, I know but-"

"Seriously, where are you?" she could hear Soobin moving around and the jingle of keys, "I'll come get you cause clearly we need to have a talk."

Hana sighed, giving in, "I'm not far from work, I'll text you the address for the GPS."

"Cool, I'll be a little while, grab some snacks for us."

As soon as they reached the apartment, Hana showered and changed into comfy pajama shorts and an oversized blue hoodie that was soft from overuse. 

She and Soobin had practically adopted each other as sisters years ago, so she didn't feel rude leaving her guest alone. 

The older girl was already curled up on the bed in front of Hana's laptop, munching on the honey butter chips she'd bought and hugging one of her old plushies. 

Hana ruffled her hair with a towel, still a little damp from her slow hair dryer, before tossing the wet cloth in the hamper.  She switched on the fairy lights that hung along the walls of her sleeping area, bathing the space in a pale golden glow. 

Her small studio apartment was only two rooms; one larger space that was divided into two areas, and a bathroom with a tiny tub and shower in one. 

The door opened up to a small entrance way with a kitchen and dining area. There was a half wall that provided some privacy for her sleeping space, and Hana had extended that with a folding screen she'd kept from her family home. 

Her "bedroom" had a small desk and chair and a set of wooden drawers. The rest of the small space was taken up by her bed. Though a little impractical, Hana had managed to squeeze her old Queen bed into the apartment, avoiding having to buy furniture when she couldn't spare the money. 

Though she had lived there for several months, it was sparsely decorated, and Hana still didn't enjoy spending much time there. She had a few old framed photos scattered around, a housewarming plant on the windowsill, and a shelf crammed with books above her desk. 

There were a few personal touches, a few signs of life like her old violin standing beside the desk, but those strings were long untouched, and it was a quiet and lonely place for her.

She felt neither of those things with Soobin around. 

"I should invite you over more often," Hana murmured, climbing onto the bed and hugging her friend from behind. 

Soobin smirked, pulling the chip bag away in a preemptive defense, "You didn't invite me, but yes."

Hana rested her head on her shoulder, sighing. 

Soobin reached up to pat her head, "I know I'm here mainly for gossip, but are you doing okay? I'm usually the one stealing cuddles." 

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just miss you I guess."

"I suppose we haven't hung out for a few weeks, have we? Want me to stay over?" 

Hana nodded mutely against her back in response, and Soobin stroked her hair one more time. 

"Unnie?" 

"Hm?"

"Is that the hand you were eating the chips with?"