Chapter 13 | 데뷔

There was a frenzy of preparation happening in the remaining days before debut, but Hoseok had managed to find a few moments and invited Hana for one of their dance plays.

Though she might regret letting Hoseok pull her away later, she was glad to spend the time with him and forget the piles of work waiting for her downstairs for an hour. Though the work could be mentally exhausting, it didn't challenge her physically, and it was a nice change to lose herself in the movement of her body instead.

This time she really threw herself into the dancing, finding herself remembering techniques she hadn't used in a few years, and really embracing her creativity as they improvised to the songs of the day. She felt like she was floating, so happy in that moment.

They collapsed onto the ground after the last song, their strained breathing two raw sounds in the empty room as they cooled down. Hana started massaging her feet, not as used to the activity as she once was.

"Not that we don't love and appreciate you being our manager now Hana-ssi, but is it what you really want to do?" Hoseok said after a while. "You clearly love to dance. Maybe you should be the one debuting," he laughed happily.

Hana could feel herself stiffen but didn't look up. "I'm not that good," she dismissed with a wave of her hand.

"Seriously, you could be a professional," he insisted, twisting his body until he heard a satisfying click. 

She was deep in her thoughts and didn't reply, only looking up to say goodbye as he headed towards the showers and home. 

It was the start of summer, and debut was only two weeks' away. 

The weather was already hot and humid, and the air felt heavy. Though they couldn't afford to, it was tempting to cut dance practices short when their clothes were drenched in sweat.

After the intense choreography rehearsal the members had had earlier that day, Hana didn't know how Hoseok could bear to move another muscle, but he was used to it and took his role as dance captain seriously. 

The random dancing they did was just for fun, and seemed to use it as a wind down, and always looked calmer afterwards. Hana was always happy to join him when work allowed, jumping at any excuse to interrupt her usual day to day routine, which was often void of any creative expression. 

Dancing with Hoseok was therapeutic to Hana as well, helping her to release all of the little stresses of the day, and she couldn't help feeling that she got more out of it than he did. 

--

"Oppa, look!" Hana said with a quiet nudge. 

They were having lunch outside of the agency, somewhere they could act semi-normal, without worrying too much who may be watching. 

Hana had sat her driving test the week before, and was showing off the shiny new license that had arrived that morning. 

"Cute," he cooed at her picture, moving it out of her reach when she got shy and tried to grab it back. "No, I'm keeping it now. This is all thanks to me."

She pouted at him, but then smiled sweetly instead. "Thank you, Seokjin-oppa."

"Oh wow. You said that seriously, and didn't make fun of me at all." he looked into the middle distance, the inner actor peeking out again. "Are these the benefits of being in a relationship?"

She rolled her eyes. "I take it back."

He nudged her with his shoulder, passing the card back with a smile. "Well done, Hana-ya."