movie night

After filming episode seven, the thanksgiving episode, we all head back to Matt's to have movie night at his apartment. Driving over with Dara I can't help thinking about the upcoming episode and everything we have to film. Josh and I aren't in any big scenes but we have moments and scenes together. The characters practice their scripts and then find that we still have a lot in common. The friendship truly starts building back up until Nini messes it up a little bit. I could tell that we were going to need to practice the scene off set together but I didn't know what to say when I would tell that to Josh. 'Oh hey, since we are about to almost kiss in our upcoming scene do you want to practice it?' Yeah no way.

"Hey sis, you good? You look like your in your head." Dara says with a smile.

"All good. Are you excited for episode eight? You get to do your singing parts. It's gonna be great!" I replied as we sat in the car waiting to go in. The small talk kept us away from what Dara really wanted to discuss, my love life.

"Yes! I'm really excited! You have some fun scenes too, don't you?" Dara thinks she's being sly, doesn't she?

"I guess, but I'm not in the big number with you guys. Filming next week will be kinda boring." I avoided talking about Josh and I's upcoming scene. It wasn't worth talking about. Nothing was going to happen anyway.

Heading up in the elevator, I hear familiar voices laughing and joking. Frankie's little shriek was crystal clear from inside the elevator. We stepped out to be greeted by our best friends. Joe and Frankie were playing catch with a blue bouncy ball, but it's wasn't quite working out. The ball rolled everywhere in the room. I jumped over to Sofia and hugged her. "Sofie!!" My baby voice let out.

"Livvy!" She said giggling. I think we all were.

Small talk filled the room as Matt and Juj argued over the movie. Josh started to walk over but was interrupted by my soft voice, "Joshy," I whispered. I hadn't said hi to him yet. Gently hugging me he replied "Hi Livvy, wanna come with me?"

We walked it the other side of the room, Josh holding my hand leading the way. As he discussed the movies with Julia and Matt, Larry joined in.

"...Toy Story?"

"No, I think Snow White."

"Maybe we could watch Aladdin?"

"Liv? Do you have any ideas?" Josh said. He looked at me standing a little bit behind him like a 6 year old with their mom.

"Uh...is Cheetah Girls good?"

"I'd be good with that."

"Same!"

Josh motioned for a little high five. I smiled up at him. I liked how we all could get along pretty easy, and I'd been wanting to watch Cheetah Girls again for a while.

We all had designated seats that we had been using for a while on the couch. It was kinda an unspoken movie night rule of ours. Josh's seat was next to me but we weren't right next to each other. Everyone had their own popcorn and blanket so nobody sat that close.

Cheetah Girls was so iconic for our group since Raven Simone was the Disney Channel face of our generation. We yelled every time she went on screen. Apparently we were yelling to loud for neighbors because a banging on the door started about 30 minutes into the movie. "Uh I'll get it." Matt said, confused.

"Kid, you better shut your obnoxious friends up before I come in there and do it myself." The middle aged man said as Matt opened the door slowly.

From inside the room we started booing too each other, thinking the man couldn't hear us. "Excuse me!? Don't disrespect adults like that!" The man said pushing past Matt into the room. Josh stood up and tried to negotiate with the man.

"Hey, I'm sorry. We can be quieter-"

"That's not how it works! I'm older and if I tell you to do something you listen to me-"

"Sir, we will be quieter but will you please leave my friends room?" Josh was so mature in the situation.

"Buddy, I will be sending complaints through this whole building if y'all don't find another place to watching the movie!" The man grabbed Josh by the wrist. Matt picked up his phone and called to the security on the lobby floor.

The man wouldn't let go of Josh and when anyone else said anything he would yell at them with the fiercest tone I'd heard in a while. He called Dara a "little girl", Larry a "five foot nothing baby", and Sofia a "slutty ten year old". He glared at me about to open his mouth but Josh pushed him before he could do so. Security standing behind the man, Josh had been planning this since they walked in. His strategy happened to work perfectly, the man fell into the lead security guards arms and he was a escorted out. The entire cast clapped and made fun of the man for telling us we were "babies". I hopped up out of my seat to hug Josh who looked shaken up. The man was harassing him the entire time, pushing himself around and laughing in our faces. "I'm so proud of how you handled it. You both did great." I said holding onto Josh. He hugged me back a lay his head on top of mine. Everyone was discussing the events of the night while Josh and I made it over to the couch. I sat down after him and he put his blanket over me.

"He wouldn't dare talk shit on you. I would've gone crazy on that bum." Josh whispered into my ear. My face got warm and I pushed his shoulder a little bit. I was so thankful for my friends in the moment. Knowing I wouldn't change a thing.

"That bastard! Thinking we were little babies? Probably back home crying to his momma now!" Dara said. I've seen her heated but maybe not to this extent.

Matt added on, then Julia and Frankie. We all had never experienced anything like that, it was honestly eye opening. It felt cool to be this empowered. We felt like we were able to change the world, checking one weirdo adult at a time.

I later realized once we were onto our second movie of the night how late it was, I decided to pack up my things. "I should get going, too. I'll drive us." Josh said. This made me smile. I started to feel safer after that whole occurrence knowing I wasn't alone. Especially since I would be with Josh. I was glad at the fact no one else seemed to realize I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

***

lol this chapter was just for giggles. josh and livvy were together after the whole bananza, it seemed fitting to add in. hope you have a nice rest of your day! next part will be added in soon. comment any ideas or anything if you want!