NINETEEN

NOPE, JUST A BITCH

"WHY ARE you even helping us?" Dean asks as they cruise down the backroads the next day. Thankfully, Kathleen was willing to give them the slip until they found Sam. It's later in the day, and the sun hangs low on the horizon -- just barely peeking through the rain clouds that have moved on. 

"I, uh, I know what it feels like to be responsible for someone," Kathleen sighs and grips onto the steering wheel a bit harder. "I had a brother. A little brother -- and he went missing. He's been gone for years now. I just sympathize with you, that's all." 

Campbell nods her head approvingly, she wants to ask a million more questions. Maybe there's a connection between his and Sam's cases, but she resists the urge. She doesn't want to poke her nose where it's not welcome. 

"Hey, hey, hey pull over here," Campbell Grace lightly pats the back of Kathleen's driver seat and motions to the left side of the road. "This is the first clearing I've seen," she says as the officer slows the car to a stop. 

The party of three steps out of the police vehicle and onto the wet grass. "You stay here, I'll check it out," Officer Kathleen says to the Winchesters. 

"No we're good," Campbell hums and continues to walk. Kathleen grabs her arm.

"Hey. You're a civilian -- and a felon, I think," her voice falters on that last part, "I'm not taking either of you with me."

"You're not going without us," Dean insists.

Kathleen exhales sharply, "alright you promise you'll let me handle it?"

"Promise," the Winchesters chorus. 

"Shake on it," Kathleen extends her hand towards Dean. Shake on it. 

In one swift motion, the officer has cuffs around Dean's right wrist. 

"Hey!" Campbell shouts -- but before she knows it, she too is cuffed to the side of the police cruiser. "Kathleen, I really think you're gonna need our help."

"I'll manage," the officer says over her shoulder, "thank you." Kathleen locks the car and retreats down the gravel road. 

Dean struggles against the car for a moment, "I got to start carrying paper clips." 

Campbell just groans. "Wait! Maybe-" she pats around her hair with her free hand, "- damn it. Nevermind, I'm not wearing any bobby pins today."

"Bobby whats?" 

"Shut up." Campbell shivers a bit, "shoulda worn my big coat." 

"Big coat?"

Campbell kicks the back of her brother's knee. Dean shoots her a bitch face. "Yes, my big coat. The insulated one. It's freezing and not to mention rainy." 

Dean continues his deadpanned gaze before Campbell notices his glance shift to the top of the car. "Hey," he says, "you think you can reach that antenna?" 

Campbell looks in the direction her brother is emphasizing. "Hang on," she stretches her torso to reach across the top of the car. Her tongue hangs out just a tad bit as she concentrates. The huntress jumps a bit as she hears an engine whine in the distance. 

"Son of a bitch," Dean grunts, "you've got monkey arms like Sam why can't you get it?" 

The whining grows closer, Campbell can hear the creek of the brakes. "Shit, shit, shit," she says.