Chapter 2 - Second Candle

I feel... odd...

Why? Don't ask me why 'cuz I don't even know how to explain it properly.

Let's recall everything first. A few moments ago, I was beaten up severely by those punks.

Six men ganging up on me with bats and knucklefists as their arms. Together, they hit and smashed me all over my body. Several of the hits was aimed on my head mercilessly and at that point, I already knew that it was the end of the line for me.

Surviving such circumstance would be no other than a miracle. After that, they left me lying helplessly on the ground. I was even surprised that they don't have any sense of guilt as they didn't hide me and just left me there. Well anyway, I died, but why am I still conscious?

At first I thought I was at my afterlife, well there would be no other reason for these. But that train of thought became questionable. I waited for a lot of time but nothing's happening. But instead, I feel these warmth, engulfing me, surrounding me as if telling me to be at ease in which I easily succumb into. Why would I resist such pleasant feelings? I wanted to see the reason for these feelings I am currently enjoying but for some reason, I can't open my eyelids. Just trying requires tremendous effort and by the time I reach my limit, I just get weariness in return and slept it off.

"•••••••••••"

Though, I hear these voices from time-to-time but as expected, these language is alien to me. I can't make heads or tails with it. And frequently, something soft is always shove into my face, no, more like my face shove into something and makes me suck a point on these rounded soft surface and as I sip into it, something delicious gushes fort in which I gratefully receives. These two things repeated over and over and I just grow accustomed to.

After some times passed and after my persistent pursuit in opening my eyes, I finally succeeded. The first thing that entered my eyes is the smile of a beautiful woman who seems like in her early 20's.

Those smile, which can turn even the person with the most corrupted personality waver in front of this angelic-like smile is projected right in front of me. My eyes opening for the first time took some time for adjusting within the light of the environment.

Looking directly in my eye and I too, look at her, the lovely woman gasped in surprise while wearing a smile of joy. Then she looked over her right and started speaking with excitement.

"••••••••!"

Not a moment later, a response resounded with a hint of excitement is heard.

"•••••••••!?! •••••••••••••••••"

Suddenly butting within my referential view, a fair, young adult showed up. His bulging muscle takes form underneath his sleeves.

Though, it's not that really big to the point of disgusting. Facing me with a pretty innocent expression, he grabbed me and lifted me up. Hey, hey, i shouldn't be that easy to be lift up and it should at least take some effort but looking at this man, he's not even bothered by the weight and kept smiling. Now looking from up here with a bird's eye view, the surprise I can't hold within is clearly written in my face.

Guessing from the interior of the house, it's a medieval residential design where technological equipment I see is far too late compared to modern times. And wait a minute, is that a sword I see? And not just sword, other various weapons ranging from daggers to biggest weapons such as halberd and bastard sword. I really can't comprehend anything i see.