[5]

DAYS REMAINING: 63

DAYS REMAINING: 63

EVER SINCE EJ HAD GOTTEN possession of Nini's phone, he had been snooping around on it only to find that his girlfriend had told Ricky Bowen that she loved him through a song. EJ had never gotten a song from her. He was not happy with it, even more frustrated when Ricky left a voicemail on his girlfriend's phone while he was still in possession of it. Ricky had only called her to tell her how sorry he was for ruthlessly trying to get her back, and wanting to explain he actually is trying very hard to do his best for this play. Of course, EJ didn't listen to the full voice message to know that.

Since Nini was without a phone, she didn't realize that Gina had sent her and Miss Jenn a text about meeting early to discuss a dance break for Gabriella and Taylor during Stick to the Status Quo. She had arrived an hour late to the rehearsal.

Luna sat next to Ricky and Ashlyn while she watched as her best friend ran through the new dance she added, with the approval of Carlos and Miss Jenn. As Gina went into her ending pose, Luna jumped up and clapped, being the only one to do so. She didn't care though. Ricky sent her a playful look, which she returned, additionally sticking her tongue out at him for making fun of her.

"G, that was fantastic!" She squealed, earning a few chuckles behind her from some of the other cast members.

Gina took a sip of her water. "Why thank you, Lu! I think it'll look really good on stage for Taylor and Gabriella," she smirked, seeing Nini enter the room out of the corner of her eye.

Luna's face dropped a little. "Wait, Gabriella is a part of that number? Gina, you know Nini can't do some of those moves," she eased out, crossing her arms.

Her best friend just shrugged with a small smile. "Oh she can't? Hm, that'll be tough for her then." Luna rolled her eyes, knowing her friend was playing very dirty.

"Okay no. You are going to promise me you'll work with her to get those steps down, okay?" Luna demanded, giving her friend a look. Gina nodded her head with a sigh, linking their pinkies in a promise.

The brunette is the one person who kept her from taking things too far, the one that kept her from going purely evil. She wasn't going to back down though. The role of Gabriella was hers, and she was going to get it.

•••

After rehearsal, Big Red and Ricky went back to the former's house to chill in his bedroom. Ricky was complaining about how Nini never responded to his voice mail and didn't talk to him at rehearsal about it as she just brushed him off with a small reply.

Big Red commented from his spot on the bed, "It's fine dude. You broke her heart, crashed her play, bugged her for a little bit and then left her a sad voicemail. No big deal."

Ricky bit his lip, hopping off the skateboard he was riding on. "Do you think it's time for me to move on, Red?"

His friend threw a ball up in the air continually. "I wouldn't, but you have that other thing," he pointed out.