~Ingrid~

As I open my eyes bright white light enters my eyes. The atmosphere was clean and white as white can be with small machines sticking on the wall here and there. There was a funny kind of smell in the air like the smell of medicine. After a while, I got enough sense that I was in a hospital room, with a bandage on my head and a needle attached to a blood bag was injected in my right arm. Previous incidents came back to my mind.

Suddenly, the big door opened and in came a pretty old doctor.

"Hello, Ingrid. I am Mia. How do you feel?" She asked sweetly.

"I am fine, doctor, but how did I come here?" I asked.

Then she went out for a minute and came back with Alexander. 

"Ingrid, if you remember you have fallen down and had hit your head on some sharp rock which let to excessive bleeding. He brought you in time. If it would be a minute late ...you wouldn't have wake up." She said seriously.

"And how many days am I lying here?" I asked

"Well to be exact only 12 hours," she replied

"And when can I go back to my journey?" I ask.

"You are completely fine now. You can discharge if you want." She shrugged her shoulder.

Soon with a promise that I would rest, I was standing in front of the truck. The best thing was that all my hospital work was for free. You know that charity business.

When everything was ready to go on the ride, it was 3:00 pm. According to Alexander, I would reach Edinburgh in a day. Soon, we were sitting in the truck waving goodbye to the hospital staff. Then again the silence occupies the truck.

"So why are you working as a driver, when you want to be an adventurer?" I ask, just to start some conversation.

After a while, he replied," Well then how do you earn money by being an adventurer?"

By this time I have known that my question was a very very foolish one.

"So where do you ...um... I mean in which city do you live?" I asked.

"London, "He replied.

This thing really worries me. why doesn't he speak?

"Hey, Why don't you talk? " These words escaped from my big mouth.

This time he smiled or smirked maybe. 

"Why do you speak all the time?" He asked all serious again.

"Um...because I don't like an uncomfortable silence. And anyway it is better to speak than to be quiet." I replied, confidently.

"Why do you want to go to Edinburgh?" he asked after a minute of silence.

"Well, you see my mother and my best friend had this crazy idea that I would easily win a singing competition, so here I am?" I shrugged.

"You sing?" he looked at me.

"Well of course," I assured him.

"Well then sing me one of the songs." He asked.

"Um...Which one do you wanna listen to?" I asked him

"Any." He said.

So I took my well-tuned guitar out of the case and sang the first song that came to my mind. I imagined myself in front of a large crowd on a big stage.

I got my ticket for the long way 'round
Two bottle 'a whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say?
When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

When I'm gone

When I'm gone

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you
When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone"

(By Anna Kendrick)

ThankYou for Reading my book!

Feel free to give me advise feedback and your own made songs.

Love You All!