Alexander

It was 7 o clock as the last rays of the sun were absorbed by the darkness. I had dropped Ingrid in the middle of the road because she had driven me mad. What does she think I am her personal driver or something? I think she deserves it...or not.

OMG! Am I crazy about dropping a girl in the middle of the road? The first time she ran away she hurt her head very badly. What if she gets eaten by something or something even worse happen to her. I won't be able to forgive myself. As dark thoughts started to gather in my mind, I turned my old truck and drive towards her. However, she was a nice and bold girl and how much I wanna disagree I have to admit it. I drove and drove as the night get darker. And then, at last, I reached the place where I dropped Ingrid. (I recognized the location by an old crooked tree.)

I jumped out of my truck, grabbed a rope and a first aid kit. Then I went deep and deep in the forest when I caught a very distant voice. A voice which was so distant that if I wasn't paying attention I would have missed it. It was like someone singing a song. And believe me, I liked the voice. 

That's when I remembered Ingrid. She used to sing songs right. I started following that voice until it started getting clearer and clearer and when it was getting the clearest it stopped. I looked around in vain. Am I hallucinating or something? When I turned around I spotted a very beautiful spot. There was a pond in the middle and brilliant rays of moonlight were reflect in this. I walked towards this, hoping to find Ingrid there. When suddenly, Some type of creature jumped from above the tree and get over me. We wrestle there in the heather for quite a movement.

"Aha, caught you. You, filthy murderer. What did you think you would kill?" yelled the creature pulling my hair.

It was a girl's voice. A voice I have heard before......Ingrid

"Ingrid get off me. It's me, Alexander." I shouted and used all my effort to get her off.

"Uh...Alexander...Alexand-...Alex. OMG is that you. I am so sorry. I thought you were a murder." she started apologizing. 

"It's okay but could you at least get off me," I said.

"Oh, Oh yeah yeah." she scrambled to her feet and straightened her shirt. 

I stood up quickly from the wet heather before my clothes could get even wet.

"What was all that nonsense... murderer and all that?" I asked her.

"Um... Well, could we at least forget that part." She said, embarrassed.

"No, I wanna listen to the whole story," I smirked.

"Ok," she huffed and sat on a giant rock beside the pond.

I sat beside her as she started her story of why she jumped on me.

"Anyway, why did you come here?" she asked me giving me that questioning look.

"Well, you remembered the first time you and I met, you ran away after we get in a furious fight and then you fell in a deep hole and hurt your head very badly." I reminded her," So I was afraid that what will happen to you after I had left you in the middle of the road."

" So... You just came here to check-in, right?" she said smiling.

" No... I came here since I changed my mind. Do you still wanna continue  this journey with me?" I said before I even realised.

"You bet." She said smiling and then pinched my shoulder... too sharply.

"Ouch..." I yelled.

" Oh... sorry," she said and then yawned.

" It's ok, but you should avoid saying sorry so much, Okay! Even your song was about I am sorry right? I said, smiling.

"You heard my song?"  she whispered-shouted.

"Well, how did you thought I found you," I replied.

"Oh Yeah," she mumbled.

"Come on, I am sleepy," I told her.

So she went to sleep inside the truck, while I slept outside on the soft heather, watching the stars. It's nice sleeping in nature,   Believe me!

**********

"When I will jump a little,

I will reach the sky,

I will touch the stars,

And tickle them till the laugh,

I will bounce off the clouds,

And swing with the sun,

Oh, Boy won't you ever come,

And join me in this fun,

Oh, Watch me as I fly,

La la La La...

Fly..."

It was 8:00 in the morning and we have resumed our journey after eating a not so healthy breakfast of some leftover chocolate chip cookies and salty chips. I had agreed with her to drive her to France and no further. It was a nice day and I had asked her to sing me a song made by herself. And believe me, she sings beautifully.

I was driving peacefully when this couple came running towards our truck and stopped in front. If I wouldn't have stopped the truck in time I would have run over them. 

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked them, angrily.

"Sorry boy, but help us. Please." the lady pleaded.

"What happened?" Ingrid came out of the truck.

"Please we desperately need a ride. We beg you, for the sake of love. " the man started saying.

"Okay, get in," Ingrid said.

They both get in the back seat.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked Ingrid.

"What do ya mean," she asked.

"They could be anything, robbers, smugglers, or anything. Did you see how they were running?" I questioned her.

"Yeah, anything and that doesn't mean they are some innocent people in need of desperate help," she said.

God understands that girl, I thought as we both get at inside the truck. I started the truck and we went. God knows what will happen, next.

*************************

Dear Reader,

Thanks for reading this chapter. Wating for your comments, votes and feedback...and yeah songs too.

Love you all.