Chapter 16

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is May 10th, 2020. Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all are giving the women in your life some love. I know I ended the last chapter... well... horribly, but fret not! The show must go on. I may or may not have cried while writing this chapter. If you like Star Wars, be sure to check out my Kylo Ren x Reader, Reality. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Everyone sat quietly in the Quinjet, stunned tears falling down their faces. Everyone avoided looking at the other and they especailly avoided looking at the blanket covered lump on the table that is-

was

Y/n. 

Everyone didn't touch anyone else. Except Loki. While he didn't look at anyone, he still had Y/n's hand in his. He sat next to her and held her cold hand in disbelief.

When the Quinjet landed, the Avengers solemly walked out, Loki and Bruce wheeling her out.

Odd enough, Peter is waiting for them. "Hey guys! How-" he cuts himself off immediately when Tony wraps Peter in his arms, hugging him tightly while silently crying. 

"Mr. Stark? What-" he is cut off yet again when Loki and Bruce roll the body in front of him. Peter pulls away and surveys the group, searching for the missing person.

When his eyes finally fall on the sheet covered Y/n, he lets out a strangled cry. "No. God, no. Please, no! Mr. Stark, she can't be dead. She can't- god, Y/n can't be dead. Not Y/n."

He falls to his knees and begins sobbing. Natasha sinks to her knees as well and turns Peter to her. He falls into her chest, sobbing with Natasha. There on the ground, they hold each other, mourning for their siblings, even if Y/n was biologically only one of theirs. 

Loki and Bruce go into the lab and hook Y/n up to the monitors. As soon as they hear the flat line, Bruce unplugs her immediately, tears filling his eyes quickly. He covers her with the sheet again. "She's gone, Loki," he says simply before leaving the room.

Loki pulls the sheet down and looks at his Y/n. He strokes her cheek as a singular tear slides down his own. 

Suddenly, an idea pops in his head. With a gasp, he falls to his knees and lets his hands hover above Y/n's body

                                                                      \--/

Loki wakes up with a start. Disoriented, he looks around. He settles down when he realizes he is just in his room. He turns over on his side and gazes over at Y/n's sleeping face. He smiles as he sees her and strokes her cheek. 

Althought it pains him to see her knowing he is only dreaming, Loki still holds onto Y/n tightly. She stirs in his arms, her eyes fluttering open.

"Hi, baby," she says huskily.

Loki smiles. "I know you aren't real, but I just want you to know I love you."

Y/n smiles back and cups his cheek. "You aren't dreaming. I'm here." He pinches his cheek and he flinches.

"Ow!"

His eyes widen with the realization that Y/n, who was supposed to be dead, just pinched him. And he felt it.