Epilogue

i called, and you answered: so here it is. THE EPILOGUE oh btw yall should watch this scene or just play it in the background

*25 years later*

Y/n and Loki sit side by side on the edge of the bed, staring straight ahead in shock.

"So," Y/n starts.

"So," Loki comments.

"Our daughter is leaving us," she says.

"To marry some boy," he sneers in disgust.

"Who you gave your seal of approval when he asked for my hand, daddy," Sigyn comments, leaning against the doorframe.

The parents look at their daughter. She has a nice turquiose robe on, and her hair is pinned up and covered with a scarf to protect the pincurls. Fuzzy slippers cover her feet.

"Yes, darling, but it's real. You, my daugher, are actually getting married to him."

"Sigyn is right though, honey. We do love the kid," Y/n adds on.

Loki groans. "I only have 1 more daughter left. What am I supposed to do? Astrid is already married, Sigyn is getting married, and Bodil is the only one that is single. Granted, she is 16."

here lemme explain they adopted sigyn first when she was a baby. then they adopted astrid, who was around 8 or 9 when they adopted her. then they adopted bodil, who is younger than all of them. ok cool

Y/n rubs her husband's back. "What you are supposed to do is feel happy for your children as they grow up and become the accomplished Princess's and Avengers." She lowers her voice. "It's only a matter of time before Astrid gets us some grand-babies."

Loki groans yet again. "I'm too young to be a grandfather!"

"Dad, aren't you, like, thousands of years old?" Sigyn asks.

He glares at her. She snickers and holds her hands up in surrender. 

"All right, all right."

\--/

"Mom?"

"Yeah, sweetie?"

"I'm scared."

Y/n looks up at her daughter, who is curled up in her lap as she gives her a mani-pedi. Tears form in Sigyn's eyes.

"Why, baby?"

"I don't know!" She exclaims.

"I love Mark. So much. And I want to grow old with him and have children with him. I don't know why I"m so terrified."

"Sounds like wedding jitters. I had the same thing with your father. I was just thinking 'He is a GOD for Christ's sake! He doesn't want me.'"

"Dad love you so much, Mom."

"Mark loves you so much, Sigyn. Lemme tell you something about when Mark asked for your hand."

*Flashback*

Y/n opens the door.

"Mark! How are you? Come on in."

Mark smiles at her nervously and steps in. He begins pacing when Loki enters.

Loki smiles at him. "Hello there, son. What brings you here today? Sigyn is shopping with her Aunt's right now."

"I was actually wondering if I could talk to you two today...?"