Chapter 04: Gorgeous

Shawn's POV

I woke up by in the morning, feeling exhausted. That tends to happen a lot lately. I was able to catch some few hours of sleep after working late into the night.

Work this days have thrown me over the edge. My company, Blue Ray winery, is about to lunch a new wine production in the next four weeks. My winery makes the best wine in the California.

We also have the best facilities for our wine production. Starting from the best laboratories, to our vast wine cellar cave and warehouse, our large expanses of tank farms and we even grow our own vine yards were we pick from and even supply to other coming up wineries.

We export our wine to different part of the world. We also have a depot in many of this countries with a trusted distributor. I attend gathering with other major winery CEOs mainly their lunch party.

I do not run the company alone but I do have major shareholders which make up the board of directors in my company. They are only six in number.

Tho I'm the CEO of the company and the have the largest shares I still have to consult them before making any decision. We also strategize, manage and direct the company together.

I groan as I dragged my tired muscles off the bed and get in the bathroom. I sigh and made a metal note to grab coffee before getting to work. My system would really need some caffine to function properly today.

I turn on shower and stay under it as my my mind drifts to the fact that my parent especially my mom wants me to get married soon and here I am working my ass off and sometimes the idea of marriage scares me.

I mean Monica had just broke up with me even after I found out that she was cheating. I was even ready to forgive her and move on but she was being the bitch she was and just left. I should have seen it coming.

I made my way out of the bathroom after taking a long hot bath that helped in soothing my tired muscles.

My eye flicker to the alarm clock on my bed side table it says 7:30am. Shit. I had dozed off while working last night and I forgot to set the alarm. I have a meeting by 8 o'clock with my board of directors concerning the lunch of the new wine.

I knew was going to be late. What was I thinking spending that amount of time in the shower.

I quickly threw on my gray suit pants and white shirt. I pull my shoes on after wearing a pair of black socks. I ran to the mirror grab a comb and ran it through my hair.

I took the first tie I later my hands on and trew it round my neck, luckily for me it was black. Then I finally picked up my suit, my laptop and some files from the bed.

I gave myself a once over look in the full length mirror. I don't get why I was actually looking wen I'm not fully dressed.

I mean my tie was hung loosely around my neck and my shirt's top three bottons were open, my suit on my hand. But I look anyway.

I ran out of my pent house and made my way down through the elevator. I made it to my sleek black Audi R8, my baby. I opened the door and flung my laptop and files along with my suit on the passenger seat.

I hoped in behind the wheels and zoomed off.

In my rush I drove past the cafe I was supposed to get coffee from before even remembering that I need some caffeine for my system.

My GPRS marked another restaurant along the way that functions as a breakfast restaurant where I could get coffee and I drove straight to the address. The restaurant looks classic to some extent where middle and high class people can mix.

I pulled into the parking lot and killed the engine. I used my rear view mirror to button up my shirt and also fix my tie.

I ran a hand through my hair to tame some scattered strands of hair. Then I got out of may baby and headed towards the restaurant.

I pushed open the glass door and its comfortably cozy in here. I scan through the restaurant and noticed that the line behind the coffee counter wasn't long.

In fact there were jut two ladies I assume to be sister chatting will waiting for their coffee to brew. I walked towards the counter and and waited patiently behind them.

While idly waiting I decided to scan and take in more of my environment before I caught sight of something, or should I say someone more interesting than my environment and then I began taking in the sight before me.

A gorgeous looking dark brown hair lady with hazel eyes. A full lips, a perfectly arched brow and long curly lashes. She is generously endowed by nature. All the curve taking their right places, with a flat stomach and a narrow waist, giving her an hourglass figure. She's damn sexy. My mind was immediately clouded with lust and it started forming some nasty images. Well you can't blame a man, can you?.

But something looks off. She shoulder are tensed and she looks kind of stressed. Her brown eyes looked dull and I think I can make out black bags under her eyes that have been concealed. I shove it off, maybe its just my imagination.

Oblivious to me, the two ladies who were in front of me had left with their coffee and it was now my turn.

"What can I get you sir?" the bar tender asked and that brought me back to reality

"black coffee." I told the man in reply not really interested in the coffee any longer.

I look back to the gorgeous lady only to find her staring too. She quickly turn away but I noticed her tinted cheeks before, how cute. damn if only she knew I was checking her out too.

"Sir here is your order." damn this coffee boy interrupting me. I tried to mask my annoyance. I took the coffee of the table and paid him with a tip.

I checked my time and it was 7:56 already. Damn I'm already late. I can't make it in four minutes but I had to try.

I looked back at where the gorgeous lady was just to take one last glance but I couldn't find her. And then my annoyance grew. First it was the coffee boy and then this damn meeting now she nowhere to be found.

I sigh knowing that a particular face will be one my mind through out the day. With to long strides I walked across  the restaurant and headout making a serious mental note to come back here tomorrow.

For today I have a meeting to catch.

~~~~

Here is a piece of Shawn's POV. I hope you enjoyed it. leave a comment on your thought and don't forget to vote. Stay safe XOXO