Chapter 11: Chances

Shawn's POV

After a good shower and a little rest. I feel a bit more relaxed and less exhausted. I decided to remain in my room till she calls me. I took my laptop and started to check and reply my emails. most of the emails are work related and I go ahead and reply them.

I was still on my laptop replying on the emails when my door clicked open and Chloe peeked her head into my room. she let out a breath and walked in

"I thought I would sneak in to your butt naked, damn! that would be weird. though I still possess my 'creeping in' skills from back in the days where I sneak in and steal your Oreos." she says with a grin

"Trust me baby girl you wouldn't want us to go down memory lane right now." I told her with a mischievous smile.

"No I wouldn't," she laughs "cause I have a dinner date and heck!, you are working even now." she crawls up on the bed with me and close my laptop. she collapse on the bed and lay down with me facing the ceiling and I know her thought had wandered far away from here because she had a small smile on her face.

"You know its good to have you back, I missed you." I told her

"Yeah, I'm happy to be back home, I miss you too and I definitely miss when we were younger, you know no work, no stress, no responsibility and we were much more closer than now." she lets out a sigh and in a swift moment she is up and off the bed, the emotional moment gone just as fast as it came and I'm thankful. Chloe haven't always been an emotional person, she prefers taking everything in and being wild. "Come on lets go already, I'm starving!"

"Alright," I said getting up from the bed to put on a navy blue shirt over my dark denim pants. I check Chloe out and she is dressed in a simple dark floral sleeveless dress and flat toms. flats huh? I thought to myself.

"Don't you dare eye my shoes young man," oh she caught me staring."I can be a fashionista and still have the right to look simple perhaps I'm not ready to climb on another heel, have been on it all day."

"Yeah a lady has to feel comfortable for once," I agreed "and looking simple suits you best though." I said honestly as we walked out of the room.

"Thanks brother."

"So do you have any place you want to visit?" I asked her thinking maybe she has a place in mind she wants to visit first since she is back.

"Nah, you choose but lets just make it simple." she said and I smile, my heart doing a happy dance as a particular restaurant pops on my mind.

"Okay, lets go." I said walking toward the door, feeling happy about the second chance fate has given me today to meet a particular gorgeous face.

We walked out of the lobby into the cold evening. The night was chilly that it seemed it would rain.

"Mhen! the air is chilly it might rain." Chloe laments.

"Good thing we won't be spending the night outside and where I'm taking you is pretty cozy." I assure her

I unlocked the car and slid in the driver seat. I noticed Chloe still standing outside, I stepped down and asked her over the car "what's wrong? hop in lets go!"

"Would you please be a gentleman for once!" says chloe and I looked at her in disbelieve

"Jeez! Chloe I'm not your boyfriend." I say exasperatedly as I rounded the car to open the door for oh so mighty Chloe.

"And who said you should be my boyfriend, I only said you should be a gentleman." she said while in the car.

"Do you need me to help you with the seatbelt too?" I ask