Chapter 14: Breakfast and Fun Fair

Tasha's POV

Everyone is now sited around Shawns dining table munching on their breakfast. Shawn had come out some three minutes ago, he had commented on how various and delicious the foods are. The comfortable silence engulfs the room as the cluttering of cutlery on plates can only be heard.

"Shawn, you do remember we are visiting momma and papa tonight for dinner right?" Chloe speaks up.

"Yeah..." Shawn drawls not sounding eager in the least.

"You guys don't sound so enthusiastic about going, you know not everyone get to do something like that." I say and immediately wished I had shut up.

"We grateful, yeah I'm happy to be meeting them after a couple of years but..." Chloe trails and Shawn picks up

"Yeah but you know, parenting gets a little tiring when it comes to adult kids like us."

"Yeah..." Chloe drawls nodding slowly in agreement

"Oh." Is the only thing I say to let the matter go because I wouldn't mind if my parents were still around to give me some parenting. I miss it, I miss them. I guess I have to go with appreciate what you have before you lose it. I shake the thoughts away because I'm starting to get emotional.

"Are you okay Tasha?" Shawn ask.

"Yeah I'm fine" I answer quickly. The doorbell rings taking the attention off me and I'm grateful.

"I'll get that, it's David, he is dropping by to get some files for work." Shawn says while getting up and heading towards the front door. Seconds later he returns with the said David trailing behind him. He looks just as good as his friend.

"David meet Chloe my sister and Tasha our friend, ladies this is David my best paddy." Shawn introduces briefly.

"Hey there handsome," Chloe has always been the open-minded person.

"Pretty lady." he says mirroring Chloes smile. He takes her hand and places a kiss.

Such a charmer I said silently. He turns his gaze to me

"And this is Tasha I suppose?" he says smirking at Shawn, Shawn on the other hand just gave him a mean look "nice meeting you gorgeous" he winks and Shawn glares at him. There is something obviously going on between those two.

"Nice meeting you too I replied simply."

"So David, I hope you don't mind joining us for breakfast, Tasha here made just enough, have a sit I'll get an extra plate."

"Thanks pretty lady" he says while taking his sit next to Shawn.

Soon enough, Chloe returns with the extra plate and everyone get comfortable once again. Small talks were made and David was obviously flirting with Chloe who had no problem playing along. Breakfast came to an end and I volunteered to clear the table and do the dishes.

"I'll help Tasha, Shawn says and I look up at him hang around a little dude, I'll come get you the files."

Shawn and I were doing the dishes in silence before he broke it.

"So who taught you how to cook so well?" he asked.

"I'm pretty talented though my parent did a good job teaching me." I answered.

"Where are your parents?" he asks yet again.

I freeze immediately, I feel my heartbeat picks up and I replied in one shaky breath "They're late."

"I'm so sorry gorgeous." Shawn says and I nod.

"I don't really like telling people because I don't like the pitiful look there give me and how fragile there treat me as if I'm broken, but now I don't feel like there is no need lying about it or dodging reality," I pause "and I don't want to be being dishonest with you."