Chapter 08: Presents

Tasha's POV

I walked out of the mall with a new pair of white Adidas sneakers in hand. The pair was on sale and have been saving up get a new pair of shoes for Megan.

The tip from the Greek god made it possible for me to afford this shoe. I can't believe I still don't know what his name is but he knows mine already. Not fair.

I was able to catch the last bus after spending a little time at the mall. I walked into the bus and sat down close to the window. The bus started moving towards the destination of the passengers.

I watched out the window at the passing houses and the light that lit the windows. I tried to imagine what's happening inside each of them. As the houses pass by, I named then in my mind:

Friends having a sleepover, a family having dinner, parents reading their child a bedtime story, a family having a family night time. Everything I imagined revolve around the complete family Megan and I no longer had.

Now I imagine how we would have been if my parents were still around. Remembering the time we were complete and happy.

I thought, if my parent were still around, I wouldn't be working so late into the night to fend for our needs. Megan would be able to have most of the things her peers have.

I look down on the pair of shoe that rested on my laps and sigh. I try, I try to give her what she need, so that she won't really feel the impact of their absense but there is still a big difference. If our parents were here, she wouldn't only benefit materially but would also experience what its like to feel a parents love and care.

The bus stopped at my destination and I shook off the emotional feeling and climbed down of the bus and headed home.

7 minutes later, I walk up the front door of our house. I dig my hands into my bag and bring out my keys. I fit it in the key hold and twist, the door opens.

I walk in and take off my black flat cover shoe and place them on the the shoe rack behind the door. I hung my bag on the holder above the shoe rag and walked into the kitchen with the shopping bag.

Megan isn't in here so I dropped the bag on the breakfast bar and take a sit.

"I'm home!" I announce my arrival since it seems that she still haven't noticed yet.

She walked into the kitchen and come straight to giving me a hug. I hugged her back, giving her a gentle pat on the back.

"What took you so long, I was so worried. I made dinner but have eaten already I just warmed your dinner for you." she said as she walked towards the microwave and brought out a plate of spaghetti and sauce and place it in front of me.

"Thank you Meg" I appreciate her "and you have nothing to worry about, I'm fine you would have just called." I say before digging into the dinner. I was hungry

"I wanted to I ran out of airtime" she excused herself "What's this, you went for shopping" she asked noticing the bag for the first time as she takes her sit opposite me.

Come on, check it out" I urged with a smile her after swallowing a mouth full of spaghetti.

She picked up the bag from the mall and took out the pair of sneaker and stared at it in awe. That was my clue that she loved them. She looked up at me smiling

"Are these for me?, there are beautiful Tash, where did you get the extra cash to purchase this all our money is budgeted?" she asked with concern.

"Those are for you Meg and don't worry have got this, perhaps it was on sale and I thought I should just surprise you with a present for being the best and supportive sister." her eyes began to tear up and she walked round the table and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks Tash, you are definitely the best and I wouldn't ask for more. Mom and dad would be so proud of you" she said and walked back to accessing the pair more.

"Yeah" I said my voice sounded crooked. I clear my throat to be more audible "how was school today" I asked wanting so badly to change the topic.

"School was great, remember the new guy I told you about, that acted weird during the first day of school?" She asked

"Yeah what's up with him, Is he still a problem to you?" I asked after swallowing a spoonful of my dinner and stuffing my mouth with more.

"Nah not really, I mean he can be annoying sometimes but he is cool too. He is also doing great in school now he has a few friends. But thats not the case..."

"What's the case?"

"He is my project partner in English. We were told to summarize the novel we are reading now and make a presentation on it" She tells me simply and I listen quietly.

"Hmm, thats great Meg, I hope he makes a good partner you can't afford to have your grades suffer because of him" I warned her.

"Yeah he is great and good in English too, he makes comments and gives answers to questions in class. He will make a good partner. We will start working on the project tomorrow after school." she said and that relieved me

"Good to know" I nod "so what the name of this guy we are talking about?" I asked her feeling the need to know more and not willing to end the conversation just yet.

"Ashton Collins, thats his name." she simply replied.

"Great, now time to go to bed, tomorrow is school you don't want to be late." I said as I stood up with my now empty plate and washed it in the sink the placed it on the rack for the water to drain.

We walked together into the bedroom and I prepared for bed, changing into my PJ and falling into the bed with Megan.

"Goodnight Tash, I love you." Megan told me

"Good night Meg," I turn and kissed her forehead "I love you too so very much."

I collapsed on the bed and drifted into the world of darkness.

~.~

Question of the chapter: do you have a sibling or a friend you are particularly very close to? you can mention them here to show you are appreciative. vote, comment and follow. xoxo.