Chapter 10: Siblings Reunion

Shawn's POV

Here I am standing in the gate house of the airport. My suit and tie are gone, the first three buttons of my shirt are popped open, my sleeves are rolled up and my hands are shoved into my pocket.

Chloe had texted me telling me mom said she can't stay at their place, so she asked me top to pick her up from the airport when she arrive and take her to my place.

After waiting for minutes that feels like hours, Chloe finally emerges from the exit doorway with her luggage. A Louise vitton suitcase with a matching duffle bag resting on the box.

She is dressed in a black jumpsuit that has only one sleeve and holding a bag from channel. Though her feet's are hidden because the jumpsuit flare down, I know she is putting on heels because this can never be her height.

Her light brown eyes scans the room and lands on me. She squeals, not minding the attention she have drawn towards her. She drags her luggage along in an attempt to run towards me.

I smile and walked towards her too. She leaves the luggage halfway and throw her hands around me and hugs tightly. Her costly heavy scented perfume fills the air.

"Hey Shawn, baby sister is so happy to meet you, have missed you so much!" she says squeezing me a little before letting go.

Taking her all in, she looks so pretty and all grown up. I can't believe my kiddie sister has grown this big and now has style and class.

"Big brother is glad to meet you too." I say truly meaning it. I've missed her no doubt "look at you!" I say eyeing her up and down "all grown up and so pretty."

"You too brother," she says also checking me out "mhen! This body is worth drooling for, well let's get going we have a lot of catching up to do." she said before walking towards her luggage.

"Come on, let me help you with that." I said taking her luggage.

"You look so stressed and exhausted, do you even take a break from work or you just go ahead and work your ass off?" she complained. I blow out a breath knowing that this isn't ending soon.

"Thanks for your concern baby" I had always called her baby since she was born, she was so cute as a baby and I was pretty excited about having a sibling. Though at some point during her early adolescent she found it anoying but later got over it when she knew I won't stop calling her that anytime soon. she is always a baby to me.

"I'm the CEO of my company if I don't work no one is going to do the work for me." I told her wraping one of my hand round her shoulder and leading her to where I had the car parked.

"Don't worry brother, I'm back for good, that means you will be taking the rest you need. You need to learn to balance work and rest."

"Yes ma'am, I hear you." I replied.

"But for tonight you are going to be taking me out for dinner after we both shower and change cause you look like shit and I'm pretty tired too I need a bath."

"What? take you out for dinner, why?" I asked surprised.

"Because I said so brother and no arguing with me I wanna celebrate my return with you okay" she said with a don't-argue-with-me tone. I sigh and replied.

"Okay but I'm not the boyfriend you left behind and you are now back to meet him and ask him to take you on a date, okay?"

"What are you rambling about? I never said you were my boyfriend and trust me I won't even choose to have a boyfriend like you." she says.

"What?, what's wrong with me?"

"Trust me brother, you are anti-romantic and a workaholic who won't have time for me, I don't need that" she says matter of factly.

"Oh! I'm hurt sister." I feign hurt placing my right hand on my chest while the left still rested on the wheel.

The rest of the car ride she told me about the designing training course and London and English men and the English accent.

"Even when I was in the plane" she says relating her experience "I was sitting next to an English guy who is visiting the States, he turned to me and said 'hey my name is Harry'" she said mimicking the guys deep tone and accent and I'm surprised at how perfect it came out that I fell into fits of laughing "and I replied 'hey harry my name is Chloe and its nice meeting you" she said with the same accent and I threw my heads backward and laugh.

We were able to tame the laughter to giggles. Its been a while since I laughed so hard and now I know I really did miss my sister. She kept filling me in on gists the rest of the ride till we pulled into the parking lot.

Chloe stepped out of the car and I follow suit grabbing her luggage from the trunk and we both to the made our way to the lobby and headed to the elevators.

"So should I be expecting to meet a lady in your apartment?" she asked with a smirk and one perfectly arched eyebrow raised. I thanked my stars it was just the two of us in the elevator.

"I stay alone Chloe," I told her blankly "so you won't be meeting anyone."

"But you do have a girlfriend." she said with so much certainty

"Sorry to burst your bubbles baby ain't got no girl. like you said I'm anti-romantic and a workaholic, I'm always busy." I repeated her words from earlier as the elevators door opened and we both walked out, she asked:

"I remember you telling me about one Monica chick, wasn't she your girlfriend?"

"She was, we broke up. She came over one day and said she wasn't feeling the spark anymore and other shit like that, but I knew she was cheating" I replied simply.

"Sorry brother" she said concerned.

I unlocked the door and we walked in, she kicked off her heels and I know she have been waiting for this moment because the heel have probably killed her toes. I don't think I'll ever understand women, I mean, why put them one when it makes you feel uncomfortable.

"mhen! this penthouse is dope, the view is wonderful, I'm really gonna enjoy staying here with you." she praises.

"Thanks baby girl." she collapse into my comfortable sofa and massages her toes.

"So... how do you keep up with your sexu..."

"Chloe!" I cut her off from continuing the conversation.

"What? I'm curious with no girlfriend and wife, or do you do one night stand?"

"Oh My God, Chloe, its just two months ago and like I said I'm always busy." I say exhausted. Its been a long day.

"Come on let me show you to your room so you would settle in." I say taking her luggage and head towards the spare rooms which will now be Chloe's room. She stands up and follow after me.

"My dinner offer is still up right?" she asked

"Yeah baby, not like I have a choice though."

"Thank goodness you know you don't have a choice." she said with a teasing smirk

"Just when I thought you would be nice." I say as I dropped her stuffs next to the queen-sized bed with a plush blue duvet.

"I'm always nice brother," she pouts "thanks for everything you are the best." she pulls me into a hug and I hug her back

"Holler me when you are ready for dinner, yeah?" I tell her and walked out of the room.

"Will do!" she says before I shut the door. I walked into my room to shower and rest a little before heading out again.

~●~
We have finally met with Chloe, comment your opinion about her, I'd like to hear from you. And about the little accent tease, its not meant to be offensive, I apologize if anyone finds it offensive.
Thanks for reading. Vote,comment and follow. xoxo