"Is This Your Way of Showing Kindess?"| Chapter Twelve

Now my mind was spinning with millions of thoughts, the silent car ride was eating at me. I never understood Colby, the only thing I truly knew about him was that our sadness turns to anger, after awhile you become use to this negative, aggressive you. Calling him the biggest bully of our school. We weren't like that before, always laughing, playing, we all were so close when we were younger. I remember one moment that started to change everything, it was when his parents started to fight, and pulled him away when Sam, Colby and I were playing. After that Sam and Colby got distant. Its interesting looking back to see how Sam and I became to hate Colby and him hating us back, when we were so close back then.

Colby looks over and starts to Analyze my face. I could only assume it was an attempt to figure out what I was thinking. Family is rough, he new that since day one, and what just happened was just another thing piling. I glance over at him. "What?!" I say in a sharp shy tone. "What?" He replies. "Stop looking at me." "Stop looking at ME!" He says in a louder sharp tone. He looks at the road and a soft smile came over his lips. I truly did miss how we were, but I couldn't understand why all of a sudden his smile made me nervous.

25 Minutes Later

Suddenly the car comes to a stop. An open field, in the distance I noticed abounded boats in a lake which was a fenced in property. I open the car door and pop my head out as Colby walks out. "Is this your way of expressing.... your- kindness." I say taking a step out of the car. "I'm not kind, Especially to you. Now hurry up or I'm leaving you behind." Colby says walking down a path. "I think this game s your way of being kind." I say after I run up bedside him. "You're delusional." He replies. We walk up to a broken down gate, Colby jumps over, I scan the gate deciding where I should place my foot. "Babe, you need some help." I look up at him and flip him off. I jump over the gate and gradually places his hands on my waist making sure I don't trip. "Making sure I'm ok I see." Colby scoffs and continue walking to the docks.

We make it to the docks, this type of light came over his eyes, this place meant something to him. I watched how he sat on a chair looking out at the big darken lake overpower the property. "Oh look at the small red boat!" I say in a excited tone pointing at it. I place my arms on the fence leaning forward and looking out. "Technically it's not a boat it's a-" "Shut up, shut up, it's to early for that right now." I say cutting him off. "It's a canoe" he says after a short pause. I look past my shoulder at him trying to hold back my smile. "So, why bring me here? Uh." I say crossing my arms and turning to face him.

Colby-"Well you looked clearly upset."
Y/n-"For real, Colby, you could care less, why?"
Colby-"I do care."
Y/n-"Yeah right, all of this, us fake dating so I get Sam jealous or whatever I want, taking me out, why?"

"Like I said I care." He says in a soft annoyed tone. He gets up and walks over to one of the boats rotting away. He climbs up and takes a seat. He wasn't lying? He does care about me. I walk over to the boat he was on. "You mind giving me a hand.?" I ask. "No, find another boat." He replies. "Well that'll mean you'll have to get off this one to help me out on the other boat, both ways work but one is more work for you." I say in a cocky voice. "You talk a lot." He says.

I roll my eye and walk to another boat floating on the lake, rocking slightly from the currents. I grab the bar and pull myself up, throwing my leg over and sitting on the top. I look over and made a disturbed look as I noticed his eyes scanning my body, admiring me.

We both sat quit listening to the birds chirping, the wind blowing. "You good at any sports?" I ask. I could feel his eyes gazing at me once I didn't hear a answer. I look over at him and let out a laugh. "What?!" He says laughing. "You good at anything, or just charming girls." I say. "Baseball." He says. "Baseball sucks." "You suck." He replies. "Not as much as baseball." His mouth drops and his lips curved up with a smile. "How would you know?" He says under his breathe."

After a few minutes I noticed him jump off onto the dock and start to walk away. "Umm! Hello! I'll need a little help!" I yell. "You're ok!" He replies. "Colby Brock I swear! Come back!" "What are you gonna do if I don't?" He ask turning to face me. "I'll show you once I get down!" "Then get done." He says crossing his arms. "Um" I glanced around, I place my foot on the bar and immediately my foot slipped which made Colby jump, I pull myself back. "Ok come here! I can't risk letting you die." Colby says walking towards me. "Aw, are you're gonna miss me if I die."
I say. "No I just don't want to go to prison for murder." "But you're not murdering me, you'll just be the reason I died, there's a difference." He takes a step back annoyed. "Will you just jump?" He says standing beneath me. He puts his arms up signaling me to jump so he would catch me.

Y/n-"You're joking right?"
Colby-"Does it look like I am?"
Y/n-"You know actually it looks good up here, I think I'll-"
Colby-"Y/n!"

I groan and Position my feet. "Hurry this up Y/n!" He yells. I let go and jump down. His hands immediately gripping my waist tightly. I open my eyes to have him an inch away. He drops me down softly so my feet touched the ground. My heart rate started to race, as we both looked deeply into each other's eyes. And I started to feel at ease. He flashed me that charming smile, his eyes constantly falling to my lips, the touch of his hands on my waist. He started to reach for my face, "so is this adventure already ending?" I say looking away. "This is just the beginning" he says, getting me to fall back to this spell as I face him again.