O n e

Talia Harrington was a happy person, as a general rule

Talia Harrington was a happy person, as a general rule. She had a good life, with two loving parents, two elder brothers, one younger, and she loved what she did for work, which as far as she was concerned, was about as much as a girl could ask for. She and her elder brother Dante played piano together on their YouTube channel, making money not only from the views, but also from selling sheet music of both arranged pieces, and original works. The two were the collective middle child of the family, and as would be expected, they were the quiet achievers. Phoenix, their older brother, was loud and excitable, and Tom, the younger, spent more time playing video games than he did breathing.

Today, however, Talia was sad, and it wasn't because she was on holiday in the Greek island of Mykonos. No, definitely not because of that. Mykonos was everything she'd ever imagined it could be, and she enjoyed the bi-annual family holidays as much as her brothers did. Her mind was not on Mykonos with her, however. It strayed back to the incident from a week ago, that was the source of her sadness. It was the day she'd lost her best friend, perhaps forever, and time had not lessened the pain of betrayal. You have to be close to someone to stab them in the back, and she and Isabella had been as thick as thieves. Until, one day, they weren't.

Talia attempted to block out her depressing thoughts, and appreciate the view of the sun on the water. The beach was picturesque, with beautiful white sands, and gently lapping waves that glistened in the mid afternoon sun. The breeze was picking up, making it a little cooler than usual, and Talia put a hand up to ensure her hat was safely on her head. It was large and floppy, and whiter than the sand, and she'd only bought it a few days prior. Her brothers teased her about her addiction to retail therapy, which tended to fill her bedroom at home with more hats and shoes than she could possibly need.

@talia_harrington:

Liked by dante_harrington and others

💬☀️Mykonos weather >

[comments have been disabled]

After securing her hat on her head, she took out her phone, wanting to capture the beauty of the scene before her. As she was taking the photo, however, the wind picked up again, and caught her hat, tossing it away down the beach. Pocketing her phone, she quickly hurried after it, however, someone reached the hat before her, just saving it from the water. Talia glanced up quickly to see a brown haired boy with a cheeky grin, handing her hat back to her.