T w e l v e

Dante was looking ominous at the breakfast table a few weeks later, which was never a good thing

Dante was looking ominous at the breakfast table a few weeks later, which was never a good thing. Talia eyed him curiously for a while, before finally deciding to say something.

"Alright you, what is it? Spit it out," she said, looking at him pointedly.

Dante turned to look at her thoughtfully, as did the other four members of the family.

"Huh, he is stewing about something, isn't he," said their father.

"Talia would be too, only she never checks her emails," Dante retorted.

"Give me a break," the brunette girl protested. "It's barely nine in the morning on a weekend."

Dante shrugged.

"Fair enough. I'll tell you. I got an email this morning, on our business email for our youtube. We got an offer to sign to a label, and they'll produce and sell records for us with both our original songs and our covers."

"What?" Exclaimed Phoenix. "That's great! Why do you look so doubtful?"

"There's a catch," said their mother, in realisation. "What is it?"

"It's not so much a catch," said Dante. He looked somewhat troubled, and Talia wished he'd spit it out already so they could share this thing that was clearly making him worry. He didn't need to deal with it by himself.

"Whatever it is, just explain it," said their dad. "I'm sure we can work it out."

"The deal would include a tour, which would require quite a lot of travelling, for an extended period of time. A lot of time away from home. Like... over six months."

"Oh," said Phoenix, shrugging. "Is that all?"

"Of course you wouldn't get it," Dante rolled his eyes at his elder brother. "This would be right up your alley, you're a performer at heart. Imagine travelling all around England and parts of America and giving concerts for people?"

"That would be amazing!" Phoenix exclaimed. "I don't see the issue."

"That's you, Phoenix," Talia explained to him. "I'd love to do more concerts, but... wow. Do they really think that many people would want to hear us live?"

"I have no doubt we could sell out the number of concerts they're suggesting," said Dante. "And people have been asking for this for a long time in our comments. It's just... I don't think that's what I want. Six months of travelling around..."

"Can you take the deal but leave the concert out?" Asked their mother.

"No," said Dante. "It's non negotiable. Take it or leave it."

"Both of you take time to think about what it is that you want," said their dad. "I know six months can seem like a long period of time, but it will go by quickly. At the same time, if you don't think you'll enjoy it, and you don't want to leave your life behind... there will be more contracts where this one came from."