E i g h t

"Trent I'm nervous, not gonna lie," Talia muttered

"Ay, don't be," Trent hushed her, taking her arm, and turning to look at her with a happy smile. "You look stunning, okay?"

Talia was wearing the gold dress that she'd bought on the shopping trip a few days prior, and as Trent had put it, she did look stunning. She was nervous about all the cameras though. The two of them had posted a few photos together, but nothing that really indicated they were actually together, and this would surely be the icing on the cake for the journalists who were there. She could kiss going out without having cameras following her goodbye.

Trent squeezed her hand encouragingly, and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Don't stress," he mumbled.

"I'll try not to," Talia smiled at him. "Thanks Trent."

@talia_harrington added to her story:

The large hall was ornately decorated in red and gold, with floor to ceiling windows running down the length of one side, tinted so that you couldn't really see in or out, only your own reflection if you looked at them

The large hall was ornately decorated in red and gold, with floor to ceiling windows running down the length of one side, tinted so that you couldn't really see in or out, only your own reflection if you looked at them. Tables were scattered across the floor, where some people were already seated, waiting for the dinner to commence that was to be held before the awards ceremony.

Talia was happy to see that she and Trent were seated at the same table as Joe, Melody, Grace and Virgil. There were three other players with their dates at the table as well, and Trent introduced the players as Mo Salah, Dejan Lovren, and Gini Wijnaldum. Mo and Dejan kept the entire table entertained for the duration of dinner, until the awards ceremony began, and everyone had to keep quiet for the announcements and speeches.

Trent won an award for the best young player of the year, and to give credit to his modesty, he looked a little surprised when they announced his name. He went up to receive his award with a beaming smile on his face, whilst Talia watched him proudly, and clapped with everyone else.

"I'm so proud of you," she whispered to him, when he finally slid back into his seat. "You're amazing!"

"Thank you," Trent smiled at her happily, passing her his trophy. "Here, you can hold it for me."

"I'm a trophy wife now, am I?" She giggled.

"Never," He shook his head, with a laugh. "Although I'd take you everywhere, if you'd let me."

"Fair enough," Talia rolled her eyes with a smile, leaning in to kiss his lips gently.

"Oi," Joe kicked Trent's legs under the table, and stage whispered in his ear. "Keep it PG."

"We barely even touched," Trent hissed back indignantly, causing the rest of the table to chuckle silently. Trent rolled his eyes, and glared at Joe. "See what you've done?"

"That was all you," Joe replied, with a grin.

Once the awards were over, everyone milled about, talking with people from other tables. Mel and Grace introduced Talia to a few other people, and they were standing by one of the tall windows and having a conversation, when Talia's eyes happened to fall on the grand entrance to the room. Trent was there, and he was speaking animatedly with someone who she couldn't see clearly. He was laughing and smiling, and ordinarily, Talia would not have had a problem with it. However, something just felt off about this situation, and as she moved to one side to get a better view, she realised who it was she was looking at.

Isabella Fenton, armed with camera and notepad. The complete journalist.

"Talia?" Said Mel, suddenly realising her friend was not listening to their conversation.

Talia's eyes returned to her, and she bit her lip, feeling a mixture of confusion, and hurt. Why would Trent go and spend his time talking to someone that he knew had caused her so many problems?

"I think I need to go sit down for a minute," she said to Mel. "I'll be back in a little while, okay?"

Without waiting for an answer, the brunette girl turned, and made her way back to her seat, not wanting to see her boyfriend talking to Isabella for another moment. Melody and Grace, after a minute of hasty discussion themselves, moved over to join her.

"That's Isabella, who Trent's talking to, isn't it," said Grace, and Talia nodded sadly.

"He's an idiot," Mel shook her head, rolling her eyes.

"How did she even get in here though?" Wondered Grace. "This is an exclusive event."

"She's a journalist," Talia explained. "She came in with them."

"Of course she is," Mel snorted.

The three of them hadn't realised it, but Trent had seen the three girls discussing urgently together, and had excused himself from Isabella, before heading back over to speak with his girlfriend. He was completely oblivious, and looked with concern at Talia's worried expression.

"Talia? Are you okay?"

Talia stared at him for a second, wondering if he was serious.

"I'm fine," she said, after a second.

Mel and Grace glanced briefly at each other, before backing away, leaving the two to talk privately.

"Are you sure?" Asked Trent, looking a little doubtful.

"I..." Talia broke off, not knowing what to say. "I think I need to go home."

"Oh," Trent looked a little disappointed. "Okay, but I have to stay a while longer, it's just another hour."

"Sorry," Talia winced. "I just... I can't be here anymore?"

"Did something happen? Talia, you need to talk to me, okay?"

"I will," she nodded. "Just not here, okay? I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Trent still looked doubtful, and the concern in his eyes was undeniable.

"Please don't cut me off again?" He said, moving to take her hand.

"I won't," said Talia. "I promise. I just need to be alone for a while."

"Okay," Trent nodded. "If that's what you want. Do you want me to call a cab for you?"

"No, it's okay, I'll ask my brother to come and pick me up," she shook her head.

~.~.~.~

A/N: oops sorry for the late post! Forgot it was an update day today lol.

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed! <3