N i n e

"T? You okay?"

"T? You okay?"

Talia looked up from the book she was reading whilst sat on her bed to see Phoenix was poking his head around her bedroom door.

"I'm good," she nodded.

"You don't seem good," Phoenix shrugged. "What happened last night? You didn't tell any of us. Don't tell me Trent messed things up."

"I really don't know," Talia sighed. "You remember Isabella?"

Phoenix rolled his eyes, finally moving fully into the room. The twenty four year old was more than a little scornful of Isabella.

"How could I forget," he shook his head. "Let me guess, she poked her journalist nose into your business again?"

"Can confirm," said Dante, suddenly entering the room behind his brother. "Look at this."

"What is this, crash Talia's room day?" Talia protested.

They both ignored her, Phoenix taking Dante's phone from him to read what it said.

"Oh, you'll love this one, T," he stated, finally looking up at her. "According to Isabella, who wrote this article, you and Trent broke up last night. She's got photos to prove it."

"Well, she doesn't," Talia rolled her eyes. "We're still together. I think."

"You think?" Dante raised an eyebrow at him.

"Trent spent considerable time last night chatting up Isabella, so who even knows!" Her words were as bitter as she felt. She really didn't know what to believe anymore.

"Oh, so that's why you're upset," Phoenix said, in realisation. "You shouldn't have just let it happen, girl! Did you speak to Trent about it? How did Trent know who she was, anyway?"

Talia stared at him for a second, her eyes widening. Then she raised a hand to her forehead.

"I'm an idiot," she muttered. "Trent's literally never met Isabella before, so unless she told him herself, he has no idea."

"Talia, as your brother it is my right to tell you that you're a prize idiot sometimes," Dante said solemnly.

"Cheers mate, makes me feel heaps better, that does."

"You need to hear it! Get your ass out of bed and go make sure that you two are okay."

"Yeah, you're right," Talia sighed, smiling at the two of them. "Thanks, you guys."

"You're welcome," Phoenix smiled. "You two did the same for me when I was being an idiot with my girlfriend, so I'll always be there for you."

"Aw, Phoenix, don't go sappy on us," Dante teased him, shoving his brother playfully.

Phoenix made a kissy face at Dante, and Dante hastily escaped the room again, shouting back at him:

"Save it for your girl, mate!"