Chapter 1- Hell Starts Today

It was the first day of this stupid 3 year training camp. 'I don't get why I have to do this, I have been killing these things for around 5 years already.' We were all lined up in a huge field with our instructor Shadis walking around and yelling at each of us. He passed by a couple people, I could tell by their presence that they had faced the beast called Titans. I had killed hundreds of those beasts in my many years of individual training. It came naturally to me, so this training will be a piece of cake. The instructor was walking by but stopped right in front of me. He stared me down, looking deep in my eyes. I stared back, showing him everything I have been through with my eyes. The longer we stared, the more I could see the fear develop in his eyes. I could hear the murmurs from everyone else, we must have been staring at each other for quite a long time. 

"You have been through a lot, cadet." He said, more of a statement than a question.

"Yes sir, more than you could have ever imagined." I responded.

"What's your name and where are you from." He asked.

"Y/N L/N and I'm from an unknown place. If I said it you wouldn't believe me." I said. Wondering how I would respond if he asked again.

"I'll ask again, cadet. Where are you from?" He seemed to be getting frustrated.

"I'm from outside the walls sir." I said, full of confidence. I could feel all of the stares from everyone.

"Likewise, cadet. How have you not been devoured by the Titans." He said.

"I couldn't tell you sir. I survived by my own wits and instincts." I say.

"Right, and what's with your uniform? We don't wear all black." He said, his voice seeming to get louder.

"I do sir, black is all I ever wear. You could say it's my signature." I smirked.

"Tch." He said before moving onto someone else. I just breathed out relieved. We were then dismissed to go get dinner. I was glad, I was pretty hungry. Even though I barely ate outside the walls, today was tiring me out. I grabbed some simple bread and some water, then went over to sit by myself. I leaned back and placed my feet up on the table, even though the benches didn't have backs I stayed perfectly balanced. I could tell some people were looking over to me. Then I was approached by a boy with blonde hair.

"Mind if we sit with you?" He asked, then I looked and saw he was with two other people.

“I mean if you really want to. It's fine with me.” I said shrugging it off. The blonde sat next to me, with a girl across from me and another boy next to her. “So why sit with me? I’m basically a loner out here, do you want something specific?” I asked. 

“You said you were from outside the walls right? Is it true? Are you actually?” It was the brunette, he was a little cute. Like no one I had seen before. Something was weird about him, but I couldn't point it out.

“Before I say anything, do you mind introducing yourselves to me? I’ll start, the names Y/N L/N.” I said.

“Oh right.” The brunette said. “The names Eren Jaeger.”

“I’m Armin Arlert.” Said the blonde. 

“And I’m Mikasa Ackerman.” Said the girl, sitting across from me.

“Ok, so now that we are acquainted. I will answer your questions.” I said. “So first, yes I am from outside the walls. I grew up there, and I have no memory of living anywhere besides the forest. Also I’m not lying so don’t even try to accuse me of such things.” By this time I could feel the stares of the other cadets. They seemed interested in my stories. “Anything else?” I asked, a little annoyed.