Chapter 14- I Wish

Historia was later crowned as the true heir. I wasn't there. I was being held in a dungeon type room. 'No one trusts me. So why am I even here?' 

But now we were back at HQ. It was nice to be home. I just went straight to my room. I needed some alone time to relax. But no one was going to let me have that. I got some knocks on my door. I opened it to reveal Hange.

"Oh hey Hange, what do you need?" I asked.

"Everything you know." She said, giggling maniacally. I led her in and gave her a seat. Then I pulled out all of the books and papers I had about me and my abilities. She sat down and started to file through them. Looking very interesting. I just layed on my bed and tried to get some rest.

But no, I got some more knocks. I opened the door to see Levi. 

"What do you want? I already have Hange." I sighed.

"I want to talk to you." He said.

"Well come in, by all means. I just wanted some rest but my room seems to be hosting a party." I said.

"No like in private." He added.

"Ugh fine, roof. I'll be there in 5." Then I just shut the door. I went back and changed into some more comfortable clothes. "Hange, you can stay here. I'll be back later." She just nodded. I got up to the roof and was met by Levi.

"Alright, what do you want?" I scoffed.

He just turned and hugged me. I was surprised by the sudden movements. He doesn't do this sort of thing ever. Then after a couple seconds he pulled away. Still having a plain look on his face. "I'm just glad you're ok." He sighed.

I was beyond angry. He treats me like dirt and then does this. I'm so pissed with this guy right now. "You're kidding right. You were worried. You, being worried. Geez, I'm shocked. You caring is something I never really expected. I would rather run laps than deal with this crap. But no, I'm too pathetic to run laps. I can't do anything. I can't go on expeditions, I can't do anything. What's your deal? Why do you treat me like this huh? It's really pissing me off." I spat.

"Y/N, I-"

"No don't even. I don't want to hear you right now. I never want to hear you ever again. I never want to see you ever again. I hate you, remember. Or are you so dumb that you forgot." I said, then I walked off. 'I'm so done with these idiots.'

I walked back to my room, Hange was still there. But she was busy with papers so I just decided to go outside and find somewhere to sit. I sat against a tree and just zoned out. Thinking about where my life went all wrong. But I heard footsteps coming up behind me. I turned and saw Eren. He sat down across from me.

"What do you want? Can't I just relax by myself?" I said.

"Y/N, are you ok? You have been acting weird since the expedition to save me." He asked.

"If I said yes would you leave me alone?" I asked.

"No, cause I wouldn't believe you. Just tell me what's wrong. We can talk about it." He pressed.

“Listen Eren, I don’t want to talk about it. I’m perfectly fine, so just go talk to Mikasa or something and leave me alone.” I said. 

“If that’s what you want.” He sighed, then just walked off. 

‘Geez, I’m surprised they haven't killed me yet. I’m not the most trustworthy, plus I’m a monster. I should just go back home after we restore Wall Maria. It would be just like how it used to be. I wouldn’t have to deal with all of this drama. Life would be so much easier.’ Then I just got up and walked back to my room. Hange wasn’t there anymore, and neither were all the papers so I'm assuming she took them. I just sat down on my bed and stared out the window. ‘What is even the point? Why did I even join the Scouts? I should have just stayed home and let them all die. I would have avoided this whole mess.’

Then I got another knock on my door. “Commander Erwin is having a meeting about taking back Wall Maria. He says they need you for it.” Someone called through the door. I just groaned but headed over to his office. I was let in and sat down at a chair around a table. There weren't many people, just Erwin, Levi, Hange, and me. Erwin started making plans for the expedition. But I just zoned out.

“Uh Y/N? You there?” Someone asked, poking at my shoulder.

I looked and saw Hange. “Oh yea sorry. I just zoned out.”

“Well as I was saying. You will be with the Levi Squad for this.” Erwin said.

“Why am I even coming? Wouldn’t you want me to stay home for this? Like always.” I scoffed. 

“Since we found out about your abilities, we think it would be a good idea to have you there. To take out any of the other Titan shifters that show up.” He explained.

“Yea? Well don’t expect much, I still don’t know how to activate most of my special abilities. It’s like chance if it will actually work. Plus I need to be emotionally stable or else I'll go berserk.” I said.

“And you’re not emotionally stable?” Levi asked.

“You think that after all that has happened I would be fine?” I snapped.

“Well I would assume.” He replied.

“Well you assumed wrong. It’s mainly your fault if you haven’t noticed, so don’t act all innocent.”

“Tch.”

“Well Y/N, do you think you will be ok by the expedition?” Erwin asked, breaking the tension.

“I should be fine. But I won’t make any promises.” I shrugged.

Erwin continued on with the plan, it took longer than I wanted it to. So by the time we were done I just wanted to go to bed. Which is what I did. I fell asleep within seconds. But my peace was greatly disturbed.

I was standing in an open field. Crushed buildings, dead people, blood. I turned to see Wall Maria. I scaled it and looked over to what I think would be the Shinganshima district. It was flaming, but there were a couple people. The Levi Squad, Hange, Erwin, a limbless Bertholdt, and what looked to be like a rookie were on a roof. They were arguing over something. Then I saw the box in Levi's hand. He opened it to reveal an injection. The injection to turn someone into a Titan. ‘That injection? So familiar. It looks purple, but what is it?’ Then I heard them talking. Erwin or Armin? Who to give it to? Who to save? Then it all went black.

Now I was on another wall. Sand on one side, water on the other. There was no one. It was an empty wall. So barren and desolate. I slid down the wall and headed towards a little beach. It was the ocean. Then I heard steps. I looked back to see the Levi Squad. They all dismounted their horses and went to the ocean. But they walked right by me, like I wasn’t there. 

“Hey guys! Do you see me?” I exclaimed, walking around to each of them. But I didn’t get a response. 

“Do you think she would like it?” Eren asked.

“What the ocean?” Armin replied.

“Yea.” Eren said.

“I think she would. We will enjoy it, in her memory.” Armin said.

‘What? In my memory? Did I die?’

Then everything went black. I opened my eyes to see an open space. All white. I looked around and no one was there. I looked some more, but then I noticed that I was covered in blood.

‘The hell?’ 

“Welcome home, Y/N.” I heard a voice say. I turned around but I didn’t see anybody. 

‘Am I dead? What happened? I can’t be dead. I can’t be.’

I jolted upright, covered in a cold sweat. It was the middle of the night. I pinched my arm to see if I was still dreaming. But no, this was real life. I got up and went to look in the mirror, my face was stained with tears. ‘When was I crying?’ I just washed my face and went back to bed. I needed sleep to have enough strength for this expedition. 

~ End of Chapter 14 ~

1451 words