Chapter 6- The Expedition

It was the day of the expedition and we were all prepared. I was allowed to go, but I had some extra rules to follow, created by Levi himself. Such as I had to stay with someone else the whole time, but I was mainly staying with the SOS anyway, also that if I was separated and injured too much that I couldn't get back I would send a special white flare signal letting everyone know my position. I thought it was pretty stupid, I can take care of myself. But I agreed so I could go on the expedition.

Now we were out of gates, taking our horses. We started running and splitting off like how we planned. I stayed with Eren and the SOS as planned. We kept running for a while, staying with the plans and changing course according to the signals. We got word that the whole right side was being wiped out along with multiple encounters with an abnormal Titan, one similar to Eren. We kept on running through the fields when we got to the Forest of Giant Trees. It was weird, we must have gotten steered off course. But now we were running straight through.

At some point later we were met by the abnormal Titan. She was running after us, probably chasing Eren. A bunch of the people from the back squads kept attacking her, but she killed them off without a care. I could tell that Eren was getting upset and so was I.

He was about to transform when Petra stopped him. The rest of the SOS stopped him, convincing him to trust them. But I had different ideas. "Guys, I'm going to go after her. I'll try to stop her from reaching you guys." I said.

"Y/N you're staying with us." Levi said, turning back to look at me.

"I'm not going to stay, you guys can take care of yourselves. But I want to contribute in some way, even if I do end up dying." I said, jumping off my horse and using my gear to get to the female Titan.

"Y/N get back here!" Levi yelled, but I didn't listen.

I latched onto the Titan's arm, and tried to swing around but she grabbed me with her hand. She brought me close to look at me. She stared at me and I stared back into her eyes. I thought she was going to throw me aside, but she cupped me in her hand and placed me against her chest. Keeping me safe. 'What is she doing? Is she not going to kill me?' She kept running but stopped, it seemed like she got stuck on something. Then I felt a sharp pain coming from my back. I turned to see a latch with a wire attached was shot through her hand and into my back. Then I felt another go through my right leg. 'Dammit, that hurts.' I couldn't see what was happening outside her hand but I heard voices. It was the Scout's, they must have trapped her. But they have me now too, 'wonderful'. I could feel her heartbeat quicken, she was nervous. Then I heard a voice saying they would cut her limbs off. I was confused, 'what was happening?' Then the female Titan started screaming, she yelled so loud. There was silence, then a lot of loud footsteps were nearing. I could hear fighting and yelling then it stopped. 'She called the other Titans to eat her? That's messed up.' Then I felt the hand that was cupping me being removed and I was now in the grasp of a Titan. 'Shit.' My whole body hurt from getting impaled but now I was about to get eaten. No one else was still here. 'They must have all left. Great now I'm left to die.' But then the Titan fell over, throwing me in the process. I landed against a huge tree, probably bruising my back and my head. Then I saw someone in front of me, but my vision was blurry. They had one of our uniforms on but they just left, off in the direction of Eren. 'Something wasn't right here, is she going after Eren as a human?' Then my head started to ache and my sight was closed off with blackness.

~ mini time skip ~

I woke up, it was still bright out and I was still up against that tree. I tried to stand but everything hurt like hell. I managed to use my gear and get to the top of a tree to see what was happening. It looked like everyone was out of the forest since I saw a bunch of people and wagons gathered around a little farther than the edge of the forest. 'Are they going to leave me? Should I get my flare?' No, I was going to make it back. I started flying through the forest using my gear but about halfway to the edge my gas ran out. I fell straight to the ground. I layed there for a bit when I heard the sound of a flare. I released my wings and flew up to a tree to see what it was. It was a white flare, 'are they worried about me? Only Levi has a white flare, he wants to know if I'm ok.' I decided to keep going through the forest using a mix of my wings and my gear to go at maximum speed. I didn't want to use my flare, cause that would mean I couldn't do it myself. I made it to the edge of the forest, and a few hundred feet in front of me was everyone else all gathered up. I was so tired and everything hurt. I was too far away, they wouldn't see or hear me. I tried to take a step but my knees buckled and I fell to the ground. 'Do I have to use my flare? I can't, it would just prove that I couldn't do it. But I'll get left if I don't. Stupid.' I pulled out my flare gun and sent up a white flare. 'There, I bet Captain is smirking to himself right now.'