Chaptet 7- To Capture A Titan

It was about a week after the expedition and we had a plan to capture the female Titan. We would be passing through the Stohess District to get to Wall Sina and such. Plus with 'help' from the Military Regiment the plan should go well.

We had pinpointed our target as Annie Leonhart. It surprised me along with Eren. But I couldn't doubt that fact, I could tell it was her. We had a pretty close bond as cadets but from going to different Regiments we drifted.

It was now the day we would go through with our plan. I was supposed to stay with Levi and Erwin for support. I wanted to be with Eren and them to help fight but they didn't want me to get near any action unless it was necessary. I thought it was all stupid, they were babying me even though I was probably better than Levi himself. 

Well anyway we were in Stohess District going along with the plan. I was outside in the streets with Levi and Erwin. We were surrounded by Military police. They were saying how we were committing treason. But I was more worried about the two fighting Titans in the city. All the plans to capture Annie backfired so now her and Eren were fighting in Titan form.

"Captain I'm going to go help everyone else." I said, taking off my bigger jacket to reveal my uniform and gear.

"You need to stay here." He ordered, grabbing my wrist.

"I said I'm going." I yanked my wrist out of his grasp and started to walk when I was stopped by one of the Military Policemen. 

"Where do you think you're going?" He said, pointing his gun at me. I covered the end of the gun with my hand and looked him dead in the eyes.

"What? Are you going to stop me?" I snarked. He just put his gun down in fear and I walked past.

After that I ran and used my gear to get to two Titans. I saw Annie was trying to get to the wall. So I attached to her shoulder and swung around to face her, landing on her nose. She stopped dead in her tracks. "Annie? What are you doing? Why?"

She just looked at me, I stared back into her eyes. Then she grabbed me with her hand and did what she did before. Cupping me in her hand, she now attempted to climb up the wall. I couldn't move, her grasp was too tight. Eren grabbed onto her legs, but she kicked him down. Then Mikasa came and sliced her fingers making her fall. She fell back still clutching me in her hand. Seconds later Eren was on top of her beating her senseless. Ripping her head off and revealing Annie underneath. But he stopped in seconds of seeing her. Then there was a huge explosion, like lightning and they started merging together, their skin melting into each other. Eren was screaming and me still being in Annie's hand I was being crushed to death. Then Levi swooped in 'saving the day' as he does. But I could tell something was off with him. His leg looked hurt, I guess I will just have to heal it later. When Levi stopped them from merging, Eren got free but Annie covered herself completely in a block of hardened skin, like rock almost. Eren was pulled out of his Titan form and I was pulled from Annie's grasp.

"Y/N you should've listened to me." Levi said, offering a hand to help me stand.

"Tch, like listening to you would do me any good." I scoffed, hitting his hand away and standing up myself.

"What is with you? Your attitude has been unacceptable lately." 

"What is with me? Geez you're dense." I said.

"What-" He was cut off.

Jean was screaming and trying to break open the 'rock' that Annie surrounded herself with. Calling her a coward, but Levi stopped him. There wasn't any point in trying to release her now. Hange came over and gave some orders, saying we need to get her underground and such, since it would be safer that way. Then Commander Erwin and some other higher ranks had a meeting with the Military police while some of us would go get some rest. I however stayed behind with some people to help clean up, I wasn't tired or hurt too bad so there wasn't a point not to.

"Y/N." I turned to see Mikasa.

"Yea what, do you need me for something?" I asked, facing her.

"Eren said he wanted to see you." 

"Oh ok." I said, as she led me to where Eren was resting. We got there in a couple minutes, Armin and Jean were already there with Eren in a bed. "Eren, you said you wanted to see me." I walked over to the bench next to the bed.

"Yea, can you do something for me." He stuttered.

"Uh what?" I was getting nervous.

"Can you release your wings for me?"

"Uh what, but Eren not everyone knows." I protested, since only a few people are aware of it. With some of those people being dead.

"Just please."

"Ugh fine, but if I get in trouble it's your fault." I sighed, then releasing my wings. The black feathers gleaming from the light coming in through the window. They never ripped through my clothes, which always shocked me. But I did think about making specific holes in my jackets and such to have my wings out all of the time. For convenience sake.

"Wow Y/N, what the-" Jean started.

"Shut up Jean, I don't need your comments right now." I snapped. Then I turned back to Eren, he sat up and grabbed my hand.

"Y/N, do you think you have special abilites? Pyxis did say something about a legend or something." Eren said.

"I'm not sure, but I have been trying stuff out to see if anything works." I replied. Then a soldier came in asking for me, Armin, and Jean. I got up and left with them, leaving Eren and Mikasa.

Armin, Jean, and I were walking back for a debriefing. We were talking about fighting fire with fire.

"Do we even deserve to win, if we just end up turning into monsters?" Jean asked.

"Honestly, I don't think winning is what we should call it. Maybe just survival would be more fitting. But becoming a monster is something else, I'm apparently not even human." I muttered.

"Not even human, then what are you?" Jean scoffed.

"Don't give me that. Like how the hell am I supposed to know." I snapped back. Armin just calmed us both down before we started a fight. Then Hange came running up to us.

"Y/N, we need you for something." She said, out of breath from running. I just nodded and followed after her. She led me back outside to where the fit scene was. She then pointed up at the wall. It was cracked, but underneath. There was a Titan in the wall.

~ End of Chapter 7 ~

1194 words

(Sorry for the short chapter :))