Chapter Six: Kelly Roberts Is Missing Part Two

It had already been reported that Kelly was missing and was gone from yesterday afternoon. Everyone was worried to the point where her goons went around placing her missing posters around. That's probably why she wasn't in the cafeteria that day and not bothering Lizzy. I clenched onto my bag, walking through the crowd of worried students until I saw Lizzy, standing under the bell wearing a simple T-shirt, long jeans overalls and black converse. She wasn't alone, she was with a familiar face and I remembered instantly. It was that quiet girl that I saw at the bus-stop during my morning run. Before I made another step, the girl decided to leave peacefully.  Lizzy went back to waiting; "Lizzy.." I waved my hand at her, as I caught her attention. "

"Damien, Goodmorning!" she said walking towards me. Her tone was so sweet and simple. "Have you heard what happened to Kelly?" She said crossing her arms; a part of me was surprised to have been asked about Kelly after the things she's done to Lizzy but the next part hopes that Kelly is alright. "Yeah..I heard, I hope she's alright and nothing bad comes to her." I responded, looking down at Lizzy who felt down.

I gulped and went closer to her, she noticed. "Damien?" She said looking up at me, confused, at that moment I just pulled her into an embrace. I didn't want her to worry or become sadder than she already is. Even though Kelly has treated her badly, she feels worried as if they are friends. "Don't hurt your head on the topic, Kelly will be fine. Be positive Lizzy" I whispered, holding her tightly. "I'll stay positive Damien..I really needed this hug.. thank you." She responded which made me blush but I just shook my head, "It's not a big deal but we should head to class now." I said backing up and scratching my head, giving her a soft smile. She waved me goodbye, leaving and disappearing into the wave of students that started to head inside to attend their classes.

I took a deep breath, clearing my head of the stress. First, we have the mystery cabin, Lizzy's house getting broken in with a stranger after her, the cabin key which was found outside of her bedroom's door and now Kelly is missing. This town couldn't get any worse than it is. I'll meet up with Lizzy at the secret place after school. We need a plan to figure things out with these unknown mysteries appearing up, they might be answers or somebody giving us clues.

We have a key already so nothing should stop us from going to the cabin later on today. I went to my classes and everything was just gloomy. It was as if the whole school were dead inside after finding out Kelly went missing. I found Lizzy, waiting at her usual spot with her hands clenching her book bag straps. "Lizzy!" I said walking towards her, she turned around and greeted me back. "We should go to our secret place and discuss things before heading back to your place." I informed her waiting to see if she was up for the opportunity. "We do need to start investigating.

We have a key, maybe we should go inside the forest and check the cabin again." she replied as we began our walk to the secret place. I pushed the bush away, allowing Lizzy in first and I followed in. We placed our bags down by the bench and started to brainstorm about our plan. "I think we should open the cabin and see what's inside." I laid back crossing my arms. Lizzy agreed and gave me the old cabin key.

"What if we find something dangerous inside?" she asked, sounding worried. I couldn't respond to her answer at that moment because I didn't know what to expect inside the old cabin myself but to find answers, we have to dig deeper. "It's the only way to find answers Lizzy. We just have to be brave and be done with our constant worrying.

You also want to find out who broke into your house and tried to get to you. This is our answer", I raised the key up to her face. She nodded in agreement and grabbed her bookbag. "Let's find our answers then" she stood up smiling and ready to conquer her fears.

~Elizabeth's Point Of View~

We left the secret place and started our walk back to my house. My dad was going to come home late that night so It was great timing for us to do what we had to. I wouldn't be lying if I said I was scared about finding out the secrets inside of the cabin. Who knows what might be inside? It was only us who could've found out at this point. When we reached my place, we took off our bags and placed them on the porch, only having the key with us and the sun slowly going down. It was an in and out operation before it was dark.

Our walk towards the forest gave me goosebumps, I was nervous but we just made our way inside of the forest. Everything looked the same as last time. Bushes, logs and little creatures were around the area. Damien was determined and only focused his eyes in front of him while I looked around which caused me to scare myself. "We're here, are you ready Lizzy?" Damien said looking back at me, taking the key from out of his pocket. "I guess so.. We should hurry, it's almost dark.." I replied looking at the sunset that peered through the trees.

We made our way on the old broken down porch and to the door with a rusty golden knob. Damien slowly placed the key in, turning it as we heard the door unlocked. I gasped, surprised to know it worked. My heart was beating fast as he opened the door, the smell inside of horrible but we needed to find our answers.

Entering the cabin, we looked up and down, separating from each other. Damien was in the part where the living room was to be. It had a beige torn up couch, a broken television, graffiti on the walls and an old dusty rug which appeared to have mold on it. I was inside of the kitchen, there was a fridge which I didn't dare to open, a stove laid with cobwebs, and dirty wooden counters and cabinets. We didn't find anything useful, except old newspapers, garbage and also the black garbage bags.

The search continued, looking around until we saw two other doors. The first door was the bathroom, It was disgusting, there were newspapers on the floor, the sink was filled with old toiletries products, the toilet was closed down and we left it like that and the shower/bath had dirt and unquestionable substances inside. I wanted to leave this disgusting cabin, we must have thought wrong about this place because it was just old and creepy. Damien left the sickening scene and went to the other door.

"This is the last thing we have to check then we can go Lizzy", he reassured me trying to open up the door. It was jammed, he pressed against it, hitting his body on it till it finally opened. Our eyes widened from the stench of the room, it smelled like death. I couldn't breathe and felt lightheaded, Damien placed his shirt up to his nose and went inside of the room. I stayed outside, closing my eyes and trying not to think of what could smell so bad.

"LIZZY!" the sound of Damien shouting out my name scared me, what was happening, did he find something? I sucked it up, covered my nose and went inside. The room was filthy, garbage filled with unknown things laid at the end of the room, a chair in the middle, a queen sized bed but what shocked me was the person laying in it.. Kelly Roberts.

My eyes filled with tears as I looked at Damien who also looked as if he was about to cry any second. The bed sheets were soaked with blood, Kelly's body was pale and lifeless, and that's when we both took a guess that in the garbage bags were other bodies. I was shaking so much that I couldn't hold my balance. "Damien.. we have to get out of here!" I said grabbing onto his arm and pulling him out of the room. We started to make our way out of the cabin, as the tears that filled inside my eyes started to roll down my cheeks. Kelly was dead and we might be next..

We got out of the cabin and closed the door; my phone was inside of my book bag which we left on the porch of my house so I couldn't call the police. Damien was silent and didn't say a word. "Damien.. We need to leave so snap out of it! I know you're scared to death but please.." I said looking up at him but his eyes weren't on me but were focused on something else. "What's.. wrong..?" I asked but there was no answer..I turned around to find out what he was looking at.

There, she stood in front of us with the biggest smile...a gun in her hand and it was aimed towards us.

Why? 

~Author's Note~
Hello readers~
Sorry for not updating, zoom classes and school work sucks but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next one will be out soon!
Kelly is dead!, Will Damien and Elizabeth survive? Who is the killer?

Find out in Chapter Seven! BYE