Chapter Seven: Is It Over?

We stood there on the old porch, with our eyes on Debbie.. but I can finally see that our questions have been answered.. It was her this whole time.

"D-Debbie .." I said stuttering in a low tone with my eyes on the gun.

"Hello Elizabeth. Fancy seeing you here especially with Damien, why are you here?" She said with her eyes locked on us and the gun tightly gripped by her hand and aimed by us.

"Please put the gun down.. we can talk about this.." Damien said stepping slowly towards her but that was a big mistake. "Don't.. move" she said stepping closer to us.

Damien tried to reason with her but it didn't worked as he planned. He kept quiet and kept his hands up.

"You got what you wanted Elizabeth.. I did you a favor, but you shouldn't have been investigating.. especially with HIM", her tone became angry as she looked at Damien.

"I wonder if Damien ever told you about Kelly.. He isn't the perfect boy you make him out to be.. you didn't exist in this town until now" she said coming closer to us but Damien stayed in front of me.

Guarding me from any sudden moves she could pull at any given moment. He finally spoke again, "That's  enough Debbie.. you don't have to do this..", Damien's face was serious, a face I never saw before.

Debbie could only laugh, "I don't? Why don't I Damien? Give me a good reason right now!" Her gunpoint was aggressive and Damien backed up fearing for his life and for mines.

"Debbie.. I'm sorry.. but this can't change the past. Can we just move on?" Damien said in a soft tone trying to reassure her.

My mind was blank while he spoke. His words made me clueless, I didn't know what he was apologizing for but that wasn't my biggest worry right now.

We needed to get out of here..

Debbie stood there, shaking, as she reacted to what Damien said to her, and it got to her good..

She slowly lowered her gun, as tears slowly fell from her eyes. Everything was silenced as no one spoked but only could watched to see where things will progress.

Before I said anything else.. I felt Damien's arms grab ahold of me and he started to run.

A gunshot was fired and only more gunshots by the minute was firing from the distance.

Damien didn't stop at all, he continued to run and run, as we paced through the bushes, forest creatures and unknown things in the dark.

I was scared for my life.. Who wouldn't be in my situation?

There were no more gunshots as we peer out of the forest entrance we had entered earlier, only to see the backyard of my house and the road.

I was happy to have survived that Debbie Nightmare but there was no celebration yet.

I heard a loud groan and turned around to see it was Damien..

He was laid on the green grass as the moonlight shined on him.

His hand was covered in blood, as blood was leaking from a bullet wound in his chest.

Damien had been shot from Debbie..

"No..no.. Damien.. stay with me.. I'll help you!" I screamed out and I held onto him as I called out for my dad who I assumed was home by now.

"L-Lizzy.. it's going.. to be.. okay.." he said in a shaky voice trying to get out words and reassure me but was it really?

I felt my tears roll down my cheeks as Damien's eyes were slowly closing..

"DAD! COME QUICK PLEASE!" I continued to scream, only to be blessed to see my Dad rushing out of the house.

"Bean.. oh my god.." he said as he saw Damien.

We helped Damien inside of the house and laid him on the couch.

Dad grabbed his first- aid kit and started to rip open Damien's shirt.

The bullet wound was deep.. Debbie has gotten him good..

I could only watch from afar as Dad was working with Damien to help him survive.

I didn't want Damien to die...
He saved me from Debbie..

I couldn't help but cry..

Was this the end?