02||NIKKO

{KAZOKU'S POV}
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

{KAZOKU'S POV}• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

As I walked off the wallet I stole from Kuroo felt heavy. I was nearly home but the guilt from constantly conning people made me just want to sit down and let karma hit me in the form of a car.

The thought of Nikko is what kept me from giving up. At this point he was really the only thing that kept me going.

I nearly walked into the door of the apartment complex. My mind was elsewhere, and it was the guilt that was deep rooted in my gut.

What made it even worse was that I didn't regret it.

I guess on a level I did, but not for the right reasons. I regret that I had to do it, I don't regret robbing someone. I would regret it if I ever got caught and lost my brother.

Other than that, guilt was the only thing I had to live with.

I took the key to my apartment out of my pocket, my hand brushing across the wallet as I did so. Another pang of guilt coursed through me, nearly making me drop the keys.

I unlocked the door and walked inside. I saw Nikko sitting on floor next to the coffee table finishing up his homework.

"Hey, Buddy," I greeted. I walked over and ruffled his unruly brown hair. Many times I've heard that we look similar, and I agreed. We both had messy locks of wavy brown hair. Our skin was fairly pale and even our eyes were the same shape.

The only main difference was while mine were grey his were a piercing blue.

"Hey, Boss. Who did you sucker today?" He asked with a childish giggle.

I sighed, "Just another person who didn't deserve it."

"I almost finished my homework," Nikko said, changing the subject. I wasn't sure if it was purposeful or not. "When I'm done can we play a board game?"

I nodded, "I'll make some dinner while you finish up."

It was nearly seven and I doubted he had anything to eat since he got home from school. I opened the cupboards to find them fairly empty, but that was expected.

Tonight wouldn't be mac and cheese. We were both getting tired of eating that even with the occasional hot dog. I grabbed some eggs out of the fridge and threw some toast in the toaster.