27||LOSER

{KUROO'S POV}
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

{KUROO'S POV}• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I walked silently beside Kazoku, the only sound was our shoes scuffing the sidewalk.

We had just embarked on the short walk from the high school to the middle school but I could already feel my chest constricting. There were many possible reasons for this, but I found myself glancing at the main cause.

Kazoku's brown, bushy hair bounced with each step. She had been noticeably more social today, stepping outside her normal boundary of silence.

The new relationship between us oddly enough seemed sudden.

Despite knowing her for almost a few months now, at least half of that I spent plotting revenge against her. Then I screw up and ignore her, then she kisses me? I was missing a few pieces of the puzzle, but the search for them was in vain as soon as I felt her hand slip into mine.

It was only then I realized how clammy they had become.

"You know," I began, my mind jumping back to the young boy who was a spitting imagine of the girl beside me, "last time I bumped into Nikko he wasn't a fan of me."

She shrugged, her hand tugging gently on mine as she did so. "Last time you bumped into him you were still pissed about your wallet."

"Well," I scoffed, "don't mind me for assuming he's the type to hold grudges."

"Where would you get that idea?" Kazoku questioned.

A grin slid across my features, "Because I've met his sister."

A lazy slap met my arm. My eyes met her stormy ones, the only part of her expression that showed any amusement. If I hadn't gotten so aquatinted with her bland, unwavering expression I would've been left to the incorrect conclusion that I had offended her.

"Name one thing I've held a grudge over," she challenged.

I rolled my eyes, laughing as I did so. "Weren't you the one acting like I was the bad guy for wanting my money back?"

"Yet you wouldn't take it when I tried to give it to you?" She countered.

I raised my free hand in defense. "Fine, if you want me to take money from you I will."