09||CURIOUS

{KUROO'S POV}
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

{KUROO'S POV}• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Everything about my previous encounter with Kazoku confused me. I still didn't particularly like her, but I wanted answers.

I wanted to know what was really going on with her and her brother. Parents can't be busy every day of the week, or maybe the tried to make themselves busy so they wouldn't have to be seeing their kids.

Were her parents neglectful or was I missing something? The pieces seemed to all fit when I considered it. Though at the same time they didn't.

So she stole wallets to help keep her family afloat. If I were to imagine they were all working minimum wage (since Kazoku didn't even know their jobs) that should've been enough to keep a small apartment. How much did that family eat?

What if she didn't know her parents' jobs because they didn't have one? What if she was the one struggling to keep her family from going bankrupt all on her own?

What if this was all some elaborate ruse to keep me from getting her in trouble?

I had to factor in the fact she could be saving her own skin. There was always the chance I could be completely wrong about her tell, taking a few truths for lies.

Kazoku seemed to be in that weird grey area, where her intent may be good but her actions weren't. I couldn't decipher her, either. She always appeared distant in each of our conversations, a certain nonchalant energy wafting off her despite her anxiousness being blatantly clear.

Maybe she truly didn't care, it was always a possibility that this sob story, real or fake, would be enough to keep her out of trouble.

I wasn't sure what to think anymore, her story seemed to just fit together, but only once it was forced together. It was possible Kazoku was just greedy. Perhaps new clothes and designer brands were more important to her than the guilt of ripping someone off.

The idea of neglectful parents fueled this idea, if she was always on the lookout for money due to her want for new items it could be because she wants to show off. Get attention from other people since her parents don't give it to her.

I wasn't sure what to believe. I didn't even know what I wanted to believe.

These thoughts and the pounding, echoing sound of rain on the gym roof were all it took to distract me from practice. I hated it. Volleyball was more important than whatever was going on with her or my stolen money. Still, I wasn't prepared for the A quick Kenma sent my way.