16||COLLEGE

{KAZOKU'S POV}
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

{KAZOKU'S POV}• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Blurriness.

That's all my eyes seemed to be able to register. A vague outline of my surroundings was the best I could do, maybe it was the weather. That must've been it. The wind that made the trees dance, had to of blew the sight out of me.

There was no way the cause was the constant gnawing of stress and anxiety eating away at my very being. No, not at all.

Nonetheless, I could barely make out the directions on the worksheet mere inches from my face. I could only assume my writing was legible, I couldn't even read it back if I tried.

Maybe that was partly because my mind was elsewhere

Part of me already missed Nikko. I was subconsciously admitting defeat before he even was taken by social services.

No.

I refuse to admit defeat.

It just wouldn't be a horrible idea to prepare myself for the worst. Nikko being taken was very much a possibility. If it ever did occur, I'd be nothing short of a train wreck. Mental preparation was a good idea.

But that's all it was, mental preparation. Not admitting defeat.

Lunch today was the same as yesterday. Awkward and uncomfortable. I don't think Kuroo heard me when I said not to make bringing me lunch a habit. He had another sandwich prepared for me in a paper bag.

While I did appreciate the gesture, more than a simple "thanks" could even convey, I felt as though accepting his charity would eventually come back to bite me.

Still, I wanted to trust him. Seeing someone put in the effort to help, even though their motivations may be in question, made me feel warm inside. It made me wonder if I could rely on someone. That maybe I didn't have to go through all of this alone.

My heart felt heavy again when I reworded the naive idea in my head.

No, it was all for personal benefit. It made absolutely no sense for Kuroo to be nice to me. Just because I let my situation slip from my mouth didn't mean he had a sudden change of heart. I stole from him. Nothing was going to change that even if everything he said the other day was true.