Chapter 2: Beast

"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Many days had passed since Loki's Jotun form made an unexpected appearance on his forearm, and it continued to grow steadily each day.

Loki tried everything to make it disappear.

He cleared his mind, hoping that the wave of numbness that overcame him would stop the cursed form from taking over, but it only seemed to make it worse.

It spread to all of his lower body and stopped at his collar bones. The only part of him that remained untouched were from his shoulders up and his hands, but his hands already showed signs of turning. A pale coloring of blue on the inside of his palm. He usually tried to wash it away, rubbing fiercely like removing blood from his hands, but it remained.

He paced around his room, at a lost of what to do. Never before had he felt so helpless and scared.

Scared.

Why was he scared?

He was scared because this was the first time he couldn't control it, he couldn't force his true nature back into the shadows, and that scared him.

He knew that when it was done spreading, he would not be able to change back.

An icy feeling took over his body once more and he glaced down to see that his hands had fully changed.

"No." He let out in a whisper, before trying to hide his hands.

Luckily for him, the lights lowered, telling the prisoners it was time to sleep.

But he still felt the icy feeling spreading, past his shoulders and up to his neck. He cried out and clawed at his skin, trying to stop it.

"NO!" He continued to cry out, but it never faltered.

"Oi! quite your screaming." One of the prisoners yelled.

"Is the prince afraid of the dark?" Another taunted.

The guard, that was unwillingly stationed to stand by the Prince's cell during the day, awoke from his slumber when he heard Loki's frantic cries.

"Loki? is everything fine?" He asked.

He was prety sure he had gone mad and the guard wasn't sure if the King would be angered because of the prince's mental state.

Loki stayed kneeling on the floor breathing very heavily and with his back to the gaurd. "Yes, I am fine. Leave me alone"

The edge in his voice sents chills down the guard's back, but he knew that something wasn't right.

Loki still felt the gaurd's eye on him and in his fury he swiftly turned around to face him, his red eyes glinting in the little candle light that was left in the room.

The guard's eyes widened with shock when he saw the Prince in his full Jotun form.

"I do believe your shift has come to an end." Loki said coldly to the guard before laying down in his bed with a saddened sigh.

The guard wandered off hurriedly, eager to get away from what he had seen.

Just the reaction that Loki had expected.

He wasn't ready for the horrified looks, and he especially wasn't ready for the pitiful looks from his mother and brother. Yes, he would be the same. The same Loki there was before. But to everyone else, he would only be seen as a monster.

They already think of you as such.

He thought bitterly to himself

Then they will think of me as a Beast .

--------------------------------------------------------

For many days Figga had searched Asgard, as far as she could in search of something that could help her son. But she with empty hands and her hope running low. For hours on end she would searched every book in Asgard for any magical remedy, but she had found none and the people were getting suspicious in regard to her anxiousness.

Frigga laid herself back on one of her couches, letting fatigue take over her. Right as she closed her eyes a gaurd came barging into her room.

"Your majesty!" He said out of breath, " I'm sorry to inturde-"

"Intrude? You made me jump out of my skin!" She couldn't help being a bit snappy when he had come in unannounced.

"I am sorry my Queen," He says hastily bowing, " But I have urgent news."

"Please bring it to your King, I have had a long journey and I would like my rest."

"But it is about your son, Loki."

Frigga stopped cold and her fatigue left her.

"What has happened?"

After a very long wait, here is chapter two! I finally know where i am going with this story and im super excited to continue it.

Please Comment and Vote!

It keeps the updates going and keeps me inspired :)

QOTD: What made you fall in love with Loki?