3

"I just don't know what to do, Tommy..." Jaiden paced back and forth in her apartment, fidgeting as she held the phone up to her ear. "The Wind Academy's gone so naturally I should team up with the Wind and Thunder Rangers, right? Yeah, makes the most sense." She let out a loud sigh, "but then I heard his voice, saying my name, and I just- I just froze, I choked..."

"So you ran away?" Tommy assumed.

"Well, yeah. And here I am." Jaiden let out yet another sigh.

"Don't worry, Jai," Tommy comforted, "it's fine if you're not ready to face them, nothing really can prepare you for a circumstance like this."

"I guess," She replied, staring once more out of her amazing view.

"Hey, don't overthink things." Tommy added, "Your friends are there, that's all that matters."

Jaiden then smiled, realizing this.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Tommy."

"Course, kid. I'll talk to you soon," the man then said.

"Yeah," the beauty hung up after that.

She then made up her mind. She'd take a few days to settle in, not worry about her identity or the Wind Academy, or her friends. She'd figure all that out at the end of the week.

For now, she would just focus on unpacking, and push her worries to the back of her mind.

***

"Where do you think she's living? How'd she find us? You think she came for the Wind Academy, maybe she went to the Thunder Academy and saw it was destroyed so she came here," Hunter rambled on as their group stood by the race track days later, him in his gear by his bike, along with Blake and Dustin.

"Dude, relax. And how would I know?" Blake chuckled. It was as if Hunter became a whole new person after he found out Jaiden was still alive. A spark had gone off in his mind, his eyes looked alive once more.

His friends smiled at him. Yes; he's been rambling the past few days, but they've never seen him this animated before, so they dealt with it.

"Still, we haven't seen her in a few days, even when we've fought Lothor's monsters," Shane commented, and Tori sent him a warning glare.

"I'm sure she's still around, of course," Tori cut in, slapping Shane on the back hard, yet nonchalantly.

"Y-Yeah," Shane croaked out with a fake, painful smile.

"Yeah, alright well, we'll see you on the other side I guess," Hunter spoke, taking a hold of his bike. Blake and Dustin nodded to their two friends, and followed the Crimson Ranger to the track.

Jaiden knew this was a bad idea. From the start, she knew this wasn't smart. Going to Blake's and Hunter's race, what could go wrong?

 Going to Blake's and Hunter's race, what could go wrong?