6

The beauty decided against sharing this information with her friends. This was her business, and she didn't want to burden anyone else with her problems. So now she walked with Blake and Hunter toward a small cafe where they'd meet Rocky. Unfortunately he couldn't stay for long since he had to head back to where he was stationed this evening.

"So his name's Rocky?" Hunter asked.

"Yep, you could say he's kind of like my uncle," Jaiden replied, Blake nodding and listening as well. Going into the cafe, Jaiden found the familiar older man by the cashier, wearing his national guard uniform.

"Rocky!" Jaiden called out, and he turned with a smile at the three youngsters.

"So you two must be Hunter and Blake," Rocky spoke, the boys standing a bit straighter when they faced him, being intimidated by his uniform and all. Jaiden chuckled at the sight, Rocky was really just a big goofball.

"Yes sir, I'm Blake. It's a pleasure," Blake extended his hand stifle. Rocky, relaxed as always, took it lightheartedly.

"I'm Hunter, Jaiden's told us a lot about you." The taller blonde then said, also shaking Rocky's hand.

"All good things, I hope," Rocky sent Jaiden a teasing glare, to which she stuck her tongue out his way. The two boys relaxed seeing the lighthearted interaction.

From there the four took a seat at a table by the windows, all having ordered something to drink.

"Jai told me you guys had a motocross race yesterday," Rocky began, "you guys any good?" Hunter and Blake looked to one another modestly.

"You could say that," Hunter shrugged, not wanting to brag at all. Jaiden scoffed.

"They're already getting recruitment offers from factory pros," Jaiden mentioned.

"Woah! That's huge!" Rocky exclaimed, "congrats. Have you guys looked into any of them?"

"No, not yet." Blake shook his head, "there's a few things we have to take care of first..." he glanced Jaiden's way.

"Right." Rocky smiled knowingly, and then looked down to his watch. "Ah, I have to catch the train back." He then went to stand, and the three youngsters followed in order to say goodbye.

"I'll see you whenever you come back home, kid." Rocky looked to Jaiden, and she smiled.

"Yeah," nodding, she went over and embraced Rocky in a hug.

"It was nice meeting you," Blake spoke up once the two broke off from their embrace.

"Likewise, look after her will you?" Rocky motioned to Jaiden with a teasing eye roll, earning a light shove from the girl.

"Always." Hunter nodded.

"Oh, I'll give you a little advice, too." Rocky then said. "Stick together, no matter what you guys face in the future. So long as you believe in one another, you can overcome anything." The boys furrowed their brows at Rocky's words, but Jaiden shone him a grateful smile. With that he gave a last nod, and headed out of the cafe.

"What he said...wasn't it too fitting for our circumstances right now?" Blake had to wonder.

"He knows about us." Jaiden let out.

"What?!" Both brothers exclaimed at the same time, earning the attention of everyone inside the quiet cafe. They rose their hands in apology, and Jaiden was startled when Hunter grabbed her arm and began dragging her out of the shop. She barely managed to grab onto her coffee on the way out.