12

"Maybe you need a trigger."

"A trigger?"

"Your powers, maybe they're triggered by a certain thing. An emotion?" Cam suggested as Jaiden paced through Ninja Ops with her brows furrowed in thought. "Think back to the fights where that power awakened, what were you feeling?"

"The usual emotions," Jaiden shrugged, "anger, fear, mostly anger."

"But I was angry the fights after that, and nothing happened." She added.

"It has to be something more specific, then," Cam was staring at the ground, "what happened in those fights that were different from all the others? If nothing stood out, then you just have to remember every detail."

"Gee, great," Jaiden let out with a frustrated eye roll. "I'll catch you later, Cam."
"Alright," he got up and plopped back down in front of the computer.

Jaiden Ninja Streaked over to Storm Chargers. Going inside, she saw Dustin out front half bouncing on his heels and she smiled.

"Jai! Guess what?!" He exclaimed when he saw the girl.

"Kelly finally told you, huh? The US Action Games, congrats!" The beauty placed a hand on the yellow ranger's shoulder before picking out Shane and Tori by the couches so she went over to join them.

Then Hunter and Blake walked in, and Dustin got just as excited to share the news, but the two already knew of it. The navy and crimson rangers joined the other four in the lounge are.

"Hey," Hunter took a seat beside the beauty, giving her a quick peck on the top of her head fondly.

"Woah! None of that around!" Shane immediately cut in, raising his hands up to shield his eyes.

"Oh, grow up," Tori rolled her eyes at the red ranger, making Jaiden laugh.

"Did everyone know before me?" Dustin finally joined the group, taking a seat on the coffee table in front of Blake, Hunter, and Jaiden on the couch. "Hey, didn't you test today for Roger Hanna? The factory boost sponsorship?"

"That's right, how'd it go?" Tori asked from the other couch where she sat with Shane.

"There was a photographer there from "Dirt Works" Magazine, said he hasn't seen anyone test that fast since '91," Hunter boasted, and Shane and Dustin dabbed him up while the girls awed.

"So, what's the deal?" Dustin then asked.

"Factory ride, if I want it," Blake said with a shrug.

"That's awesome," Jaiden added.

"Why wouldn't you want it?" And Blake's face fell at the question.

"C'mon, don't you think I'm a little busy around here?" He had to bring up.

"Yeah, but you can't pass up an opportunity like that," Jaiden had to say with a shake of her head.

"That's what I told him," Hunter gave Jaiden a look.

From there everyone began their shifts and got to work, though Blake's question lingered on Jaiden's mind. They really had to put their lives on hold because of all of this. And if Lothor isn't defeated by the start of school, she'll have to stay here, too. Which of course, compared to Blake's and everyone else's future plans means nothing, but...

"Hey question, did anyone happen to tell Sensei that we're all going to the Action Games?" Tori walked up to everyone at their work stations.

"Uh oh, not me." Shane realized.