11

"So Cam's test results didn't show anything?" Tommy asked through the phone.

"No, him or Sensei can't explain the weird power," Jaiden replied.

"I'll have to run some tests of my own. Maybe run your power through the Morphing Grid." Tommy said, "this does explain why that shadow monster is observing you."

"Yeah, at least we're getting some answers little by little." Jaiden nodded. "I can't believe summer's almost over." There were barely two weeks left before Reefside High School would start.

"How are things with Lothor? Do you think you'll defeat him before it ends?"

"I think so. Sensei's having a meeting with us, he says that now that Zurgane's gone, that we can go on the offensive. We're gonna try and rescue the captured ninja from the Academies." Jaiden left her apartment building, heading to said meeting.

"That sounds dangerous." Tommy pointed out.

"Just as dangerous as the research you've been doing," the girl retorted.

"Touché," the man sighed, "be careful."

"You're starting to sound like a broken record," Jaiden couldn't help her smirk.
"Yeah well, you keep stressing me out, so," Jaiden chuckled.

"I'll call you later, Tommy."

"Alright." Jaiden put away her phone, and made sure that no one was around. She then disappeared, Ninja Streaking to Ninja Ops. A while later, everyone was gathered and Sensei had once again brought up the idea to free the ninja students.

"So! We're finally infiltrating Lothor's ship! Awesome! How exactly are we going to do that?" Dustin questioned, pacing around the room.

"The ship is surrounded by a powerful energy field. How are we supposed to break through that?" Cam had to bring up, and that's when the room went silent.

"We'll just get him to open the force field for us." Jaiden said, an idea brewing in her mind.

"Uh, what?" Blake asked in confusion.

"Okay, I have an idea, and I'm pretty sure no one here is gonna like it, but it's our best bet." Jaiden pointed out before saying anything else. Cam seemed to be the first one to realize what she was thinking, since his eyes widened.

"Absolutely not." Cam stated firmly. "That's crazy, unbelievably dangerous!" And then Hunter also realized.

"No. It's suicide." Her best friend stood with his arms crossed over his chest, looking to her in anger for even thinking of such a thing.

"Think about it! He's been wanting to capture me since the start! If I let him, then that means he'll open up the force fields to come grab me. Then someone else can slip through," Jaiden explained.

"How do you know he'll come down himself?" Shane shook his head.

"It's obvious, I'm his big trophy. He'll want to collect me himself."

"No, we're not doing it." Hunter adamantly shook his head. Jaiden ignored him, and the protests from her friends, turning to Sensei.

"Sensei, you know it's our only option. I'll be fine, worse thing he'll do to me is lock me up in a cell, he won't touch me. And if he does, I'll just freeze him and escape." She looked to the guinea pig with almost begging eyes. This was the only way, and everyone knew it.

Sensei then let out a sigh, and Jaiden straightened out, knowing she'd won the argument.

"Dad, are you crazy?!" Cam lashed out.