4

A week had gone by in a blink of an eye

A week had gone by in a blink of an eye. Jaiden has been welcomed completely to the team, even working in Storm Charger with Blake, Hunter, and Dustin on her free time. She was in charge of inventory of the winter equipment as well as its sales.

Lothor's monsters had been a piece of cake with Jaiden now on the team.

"So what's Tommy Oliver like? I can't believe you lived with him." Dustin spoke up as he worked on his bike in the workshop of Storm Charger. Shane was watching skateboarding videos on the tv while Tori cleaned her surfboard. Jaiden busied herself with her inventory clipboard, holding a box of new snow cleats. She placed the box on one of the empty workshop tables and turned to her friends.

"Tommy? I mean, he's the best," a fond smile crept to the girl's lips, "took me in when I was alone, and he kept training me. He's like the father I never had." The three smiled at seeing Jaiden's fond look, "plus getting to know the past ranger teams that he was a part of and keeps in contact with is crazy."

"What!? You know the past rangers!?" Tori had to awe.

"Not all, but yeah I know a few," Jaiden smiled happily. "Jason's basically like my uncle, the one that treats their niece like she's still a baby and spoils them? Just like that. Justin's like a big brother to me, Rocky calls me once in a while to check up...It's like a nice big badass family."

"Insane..." Shane awed with a shake of his head.

"Well, I'll see you guys later, my shift just ended." The beauty put away her clipboard, and shook off her hands of any makeshift dust.

"Wanna come surf with me?" Tori asked the ice ranger.

"Raincheck, I have something I gotta do first." Jaiden sent an apologetic look to Tori, but the girl waved her off without worry. Saying her goodbyes to Kelly, she jogged out of the store eagerly. She then headed around back, and made sure no one was in sight when she vanished, using her Ninja Streak to run.

She made it to the beach in no time, and was grateful that it wasn't too packed. The sky was dark, and it looked like it was going to rain, which explained the lack of people.

She picked out her friends easily, waiting around a bit farther down.

"You're early," Jaiden commented aloud, coming up behind Hunter and Blake.

"Nah, you're just late." Blake retorted, earning a light shove to the shoulder by the girl.

"Ready?" Hunter wore a smirk, and the beauty copied it.

"I should be asking you that." Blake stepped to the side a bit, leaving Hunter and Jaiden to face off. "Let's see how strong you've gotten." Jaiden then took a fighting stance, and so did Hunter.

Without warning, both charged at one another.

Hunter had gotten better, indeed. His form was refined and effortless, his combos had gotten faster, too. Not to mention he was bigger and stronger.