The news

Hey!!! I'm getting so much support on this and it's making me so happy! Thank you so much! Also, Izuku knows about All Might's secret, but he doesn't have One For All. Let's just say All might currently doesn't need a successor for now so he hasn't retired yet. Ok, I don't have much more to say up here so enjoy the chapter!

Long time skip to when Mr. Aizawa announced the sports festival/
Izuku's pov:

It has been a while since the first day of school. I think I like todoroki? I don't know what crushes feel like. I haven't talked to him yet but I became friends with Uraraka and Iida! Since the USJ attack, I've been friends with Tsu. Bakugo... he's been acting worse to me since middle school. Every day I have a few more bruises I have to hide from my dads and his insults are cutting deep. Some people in the class have noticed how I act different. I know I stutter, flinch, hide, and avoid attention or talking a lot. My gym clothes have sleeves and I never change in front of others. They also know that Dadzawa is my dad, obviously. Speaking of my dad, when I saw what shape he was in because of the USJ attack, I cried. He was so injured yet he's still gonna come to class today anyways.

Everyone was talking about the attack and I wasn't paying attention until Bakugo yelled at Mineta behind me. I almost fell out of my chair. "OH, SHUT UP! GROW A PAIR, LOSER!" He said. Mineta whined and sat back down. Iida then ran up, yelling "Attention, homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone stop talking and take your seats!" Everyone just stared at him. "Uhh, we're all sitting." Kirishima said. "Yeah, you're the only one standing." Sero added. Iida sat down as the chatter in the classroom continued until the classroom door opened.

"Morning, class." Dadzawa said, everyone was shocked. "Mr. Aizawa, what are you doing here?" They all said. I heard some comments about Dadzawa being in class. "My well being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet." He said. Everyone was confused and worried. I just felt anxious and worried. "The UA sports festival is about to start." Dadzawa said blankly. A few people cheered while everyone else said "UGH! Why would you scare us like that?" The class all cheered until Jirou commented on something I was also thinking about.

"Wait a second. Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" I looked at Dadzawa, curious on what he's gonna say. "Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus they're beefing up security compared to the past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains." He said. It looked like he was gonna continue but Mineta said "Uh, I'm sorry, but why not? It's just a sports festival!" I consider saying something and decide so I look behind me. "Huh? M-Mineta, d-don't you know h-how i-important th-this c-competition is?" I ask, scared he's going to hate me.

"Of course I do! I just don't wanna get murdered!" He said. I look back, 'Hm..'. "Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic Games. But then quirks started appearing. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA sports festival." Dadzawa said. Everyone stared.

"That's right. And top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted." Yaoyorozu said. "Sure, unless you're dead." Mineta added. He seems a bit.. nervous.

"She's right. After graduating, alot of people join pro hero agencies as a sidekick." Kamanari said with his thumbs up. "Yeah, but that's as far as some people go. They miss their chance to go indie and stay eternal sidekicks. Actually, that's probably where you're headed. You're kinda dumb." Jirou said. I smiled a bit, she's funny. "It's true that joining a famous hero agency can garner you greater experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event could open a path for you. One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training." Aizawa stated. Everyone said "Yes sir" and Aizawa dismissed the class.