5. We're Done

Waverly was home lying on her stomach, on her bed. Her laptop and books spread out in front of her. Low music playing in the background to aid in her concentration. She thought it'd be best to take in the knowledge of what she was supposed to learn in class earlier that day. It really bothered her that she hardly took anything away from the lecture.

She then looked at the time on her phone and noticed she had a few texts.

Nicole: Hey, I just remembered Holliday's won't be open before noon and I don't know where you live. So I'm in room number 7. Just knock when you get here.

'Lucky number seven', thought Waverly, and she smiled at the text, thankful Nicole realized they haven't really set up a meeting place.

The time was 12:45 and she felt it was time to call it a night. She closed her laptop and stood up from her bed removing all her books. The student stacked them on her desk and walked back over to her bed to get underneath the covers until she heard stomping up the stairs, footsteps outside of her door, and then saw that same door swinging open.

"Waves" Wynonna stood there.

"What is it Wy? I was just going to bed." Waverly asked tiredly.

"This stupid gun keeps glitching... colors and Doc wants to talk to me."

"Talk to him and the gun is- it's like a vampire detector," Waverly said carelessly, laid down, and rolled over.

"Mhm," Wynonna shrugged and nodded taking in the new information before turning away.

"Door!" Waverly exclaimed to her inebriated sister.

Wynonna stumbled backward and closed the bedroom door.

___

Nine a.m. the next morning Waverly woke up to her phone's alarm. She couldn't pinpoint the reason why, but she felt excited for the day. Like a kid who woke up remembering they were going to spend the day at an amusement park.

Waverly stretched her limbs still in her bed and sat up placing her feet flat on the floor. She walked out of her room and into the bathroom to shower and brush her teeth before finding something to wear.

She checked the weather and decided on a white baby tee that showed her midriff, and
Heather grey stretchy- jeans. She topped it off with a light faux silk-blend floral jack. She slipped on a few rings and her necklace and headed out of her room.

She passed her old bedroom which she and Wynonna used to share growing up. The door was cracked and her sister was in a deep sleep, snoring. Still wearing her jeans, minus her shirt, but still in her bra. Wynonna's leg and arm hung off the full-sized bed as drooled on her pillow. Waverly knew her sister only snore when she drank a lot and a hangover would be her present once she awoke.

Waverly grinned and shook her head before galloping downstairs and heading out of the door.

___

"So how long are we going to keep doing this?" The nude woman with her caramel skin exposed asked with only a sheet draped over her torso as she laid in the motel room bed.

Her patience was beginning to wear thin from being someone's forbidden secret for so long. Smiling at a girl she had to work with every day knowing damn well she didn't deserve what they were doing behind her back. Her hopes of the outcome being in her favor began to dwindle.

"What do you mean? Champ was laying down to next to her, his forearm resting underneath his head, tattoos on his bare chest were exposed. He was relaxed after the deed, so comfortable. It seemed as if he had no guilty bone in his body and that annoyed Poppy even more.