The Coronation and the New Council

Sansa still didn't feel any more relaxed the next day as Arya, Shireen and Eowyn helped dress her into her dark blue gown and black robes in her solar.

She inspected herself in the mirror. Despite looking very beautiful for her royal coronation, she still didn't feel any better. All she knew was that she was very nervous and very worried about letting the Seven Kingdoms down. She took a deep sigh. "I'm not sure if I can do this," she said to her friends. "I'm not sure if I can rule one kingdom, let alone seven. I'm worried if I'll start more wars than secure peace. I'm worried if I'll be worst than Joffrey or Cersei or –"

"Relax, Sansa," Arya said. "You'll be fine. Better you be queen than me."

"And me," Shireen said.

Sansa knew both of them meant well by that, but she still couldn't say something.

"May I say something, my lady?" Eowyn asked.

Sansa turned to face her. "Please do, Lady Eowyn."

"We folks from Middle-Earth could have turned down your request for assistance," Eowyn said. "We could have just left you to struggle to fight those monsters and die. The only reason Gandalf summoned us to help Westeros because he believes in you and your family. If anyone else from here asked for our assistance, we might not have come. House Stark is the only house in Westeros we trust and believe in. We believe in you, Lady Stark. And your sister."

"And I believe in House Stark too," Shireen said.

Ayra really liked that and Sansa started to feel a bit more comfortable. Then the solar door opened and Brienne and Podrick came in.

"It's time, my lady," Brienne said.

"We're coming." Doing all she could to not let her nervousness get to her, Sansa followed Brienne, Podrick and Eowyn out of the solar, with Ayra and Shireen carrying the end of her long robes.

They arrived in the Winterfell courtyard where everyone was stood to witness this historic moment in the Seven Kingdoms. Though no one was booing or throwing rotten food at her or giving her any disapproving looks, Sansa still didn't feel any calmer and was worried someone would attack her, despite having the whole of Middle-Earth to support her.

She approached the middle of the courtyard where Gandalf stood with Gimli holding a cushion with the crown that he took from Cersei in King's Landing before the Army of the Dead killed her and destroyed the city.

"We are gathered here today to witness the future monarch of the Seven Kingdoms," Gandalf said. "Lady Sansa of the House Stark of Winterfell, do you swear to fulfil the oath of serving the people of the Seven Kingdoms, to put their needs before yours and do everything in your power to secure peace among them?"

"I swear," Sansa said.

"Then kneel."

As Sansa knelt, Gandalf took the crown from Gimli and placed it on Sansa's head. "Now, come the days of the queens. May they be blessed." Then he turned to the crowd. "Behold Sansa of the House Stark, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms."

Everyone from Westeros and Middle-Earth cheered their heads off and applauded.

Sansa started to feel more relaxed now that she was crowned Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and people were approving of her. "This day does not belong to one woman. Nor does it belong to just the Seven Kingdoms. It belongs to the Seven Kingdoms and its allies. Thank you all very much for coming and showing your support."