Chapter 10

*This is the Old Version of the book, the new version will be posted after the final chapter of the old book.*

*3rd P.O.V*

Victoria got out of the shower feeling refreshed. The warm water had washed all her nervousness away but it all hit her again full force. What if the pack doesn't like her? What if Eric's family doesn't approve? What if everyone hates her because of her past?

A lot of what if's swarmed her mind. Pushing all the negativity aside she walked into the walk-in-wardrobe. Eric had the wardrobe stocked with designer clothes for Victoria and although she had protested, they had fallen upon deaf ears. Eric only wanted the best for his mate.

With the towel wrapped tightly around her, Victoria made her way to the 'her' side. It was a his and her wardrobe. After mulling over what to wear, Victoria decided over a simple outfit.

She chose white skinny jeans with a brown top which was tight at the bust and flowing till her waist. with itricate designs over the top in tan colour. Along with that she chose tan heels to wear. (A/N outfit at the side minus the handbag)

Fidgeting with the hem of her top she got out of the gigantic wardrobe and towards Eric who was just finishing putting hid black v-neck on. She shyly smiled at him when he commented that she looked good. She knew that heels made her legs look really long but there was no one to impress back home. Now, she was desperate for her mate's approval. Her true mate's approval.

"Are you ready?" Eric asked softly in his deep voice which made shivers erupt on Victoria's arms. She just nods, her nerves all over the place, not letting her speak. They made their way to the backyard, the weather being perfect for a barbeque.

They made their way to the back of the raised platform where a huge picnic table sat, for the high ranks at such occassions. Victoria hid behind Eric, fisting his shirt with her small hand, still scared over being in front of a huge crowd. Eric and his wolf felt their mates distress and Eric squeezed her hand, which Victoria had unconsciously held.

But what Eric and Victoria didn't know was that most, if not all, the pack members were staring at them in awe. The unmated members envied Victoria and Eric's relationship. They envied how Victoria had subconsciously held on to her true mate when her nerves were all over the place and she had not even been able to form coherent words.

Eric gently led Victoria to the stage and noticing the pack's attention upon her, she hid behind Eric, playing with the hem of her shirt and biting her lip- a habit of hers when she was nervous or out of her comfort zone. Eric cleared his throat and now everyone was looking and were quiet, even the children who had been recently playing with each other.

Victoria had now completely hidden her face behind Eric, feeling very self-conscious. Victoria never had this much attention without it being for her torture and daily dose of abuse. The whole pack, especially Eric quickly caught on Victoria's sudden mood change and they all went through the pack link replay of when Victoria was marked and her mind was vulnerable and her memories were a movie for the pack to see.

Upon replaying her memories, the pack understood her mood change. Eric quickly cleared his throat, hating the fact that his mate was in distress and he couldn't help much. "As all of you already know, I have recently found my second-chance mate and have marked her, hence the conncection. None of you, however, know that she is, in fact my true mate."

Eric spoke confidently and sternly. The last words had caused everyone to gasp. It was true, no one, not even Eric's parents knew about them being true mates. The mates really meant for each other. Their ex-mates had actually been their second mates.