8

Destiny (Switch up)

I woke up to my alarm going off. The time read 6:30 am and I was notttt into it. I sat up, stretching and yawning before staring at the ground for a minute. Then, I decided to get up. I went and took a shower, brushed my teeth, etc before walking out my bathroom and drinking some water.

I decided I wasn't really into it today, so I settled for a hoodie and some gray biker shorts. I lotioned up and sprayed some perfume on before putting my clothes on and spraying more perfume.

Okay, next is hair. Leave it down, middle part, edges, and comb it out. Perfect. I slipped on some Nike slides before deciding to check my phone and at the same time, got a call.

Me: Yo?

Jalen: Goodmorning, you want me to come pick you up?

Me: Sure.

Jalen: Aigh bet, I'm on the way.

Me: K

And I hung up after that.

Then, I got another call. I picked my phone back up, slightly aggravated because why are so many people contacting me this early. Obviously, I'm not a morning chick.

However, I smiled when I saw who the call was from.

Mar: Yooo

Me: Good Morning, wassup?

Mar:*shrug* nun, just called to say good morning

Then, I got a text from Jalen saying he was outside.

I grabbed my bag and stuff as I continued my conversation with Omar.

Me: Okay then.. so what's your plans this weekend?

Mar: Crazy how you ask that when I was finna ask you the same thing.

"Bye mama, love you" I said, kissing her on the head as she did the same.

"Bye Sanggol, I love you be good."

"I love you too"

Me: Um.. nothing really.

I got in Jalen's car, putting my seatbelt on.

Mar: K, different question. What you tryna do this weekend?

I smiled before responding.

Me: Idc, we can chill at your or my house

Mar: You wanna do that?

Me: Yeah, I'm down. Have snacks though.

Mar: *laugh* Fasho but aigh, I'm finna get ready to go now. I'll talk to you later, lil bit.

Me: Okay, be safe and have a good day

Mar: You too

I hung up before smiling at my phone.

"Well hey," Jalen said dryly.

"Oh, yeah I'm sorry that was rude of me. Good morning, how are you?"

"Well, I've missed my best friend."

Lmao, okay.

"Crazy."

"What you been doing this weekend? Ain heard from you since Friday at school."

"Oh, yeah I've been hanging with Omar nem. We went to his family cookout Saturday and then me, him, Rife, and Kay went out yesterday." I said, looking down at my phone.

"Damn, no time fa Jalen huh?" He said laughing.

Oh sir, where was this energy when you missed our hangout days because of miss girl huh?