ch. 13 / cock block harry

October 14, 2019.

Madi's POV

Harry and I didn't know what else to say after that. He played off the rejection as a joke but I could tell it still kind of hurt him. I don't know why, he's clearly moved on since then. He's had multiple relationships that he's been completely head over heels in. I guess he just used to like me that much, but that was years ago.

"Our dating history isn't the best, is it?" Harry said.

"You mean my dating history?" I jokingly switched his question.

"Yeah a little bit," Harry chuckled, sipping on his coffee.

"You dated Kendall Jenner, I don't wanna hear it."

Harry's eyes widened behind his mug and he spit his coffee back into the cup, avoiding it coming out of his nose.

"Your track record is literally models. It's not fair," I fake whined.

"You dated that one model one time," Harry said, trying to make me feel better.

"We went to the club once, you came with and you and I just ended up dancing because he ditched me."

"Why does that always happen," Harry asked. I could've been offended but he's not wrong. The guy always left me alone after bringing me anywhere and Harry would have to hang out with me.

"Because you're there. They use me to get to you. My own personal cock block," I said bluntly. It's true. Why else would they ask me out then ditch me?

"Oh," Harry sighed looking down. I could tell he felt bad.

"Why do you think I haven't gone out with anyone in a while?"

"I don't know you've been pretty busy," he said but I shook my head.

"I just got pickier because I'm sick of being used," I shrugged. I had made my peace with the fact that people loved to use me a while ago so the words rolled like water off my back.

"I'm sorry," Harry said.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I smiled at him to make sure he knew. "If anyone's at fault it's the asshole guys out there."

"You're right."

I had to make sure he didn't feel guilty because it's really not his fault. It seemed like he was feeling better.

"Um," Harry cleared his throat. "What did you really think of Camille?"

Her name made my skin crawl. It was like nails on a chalkboard. I readjusted in my chair from my discomfort.

"Honest?" I asked, making sure he really wanted to hear the truth.

"Honest, always," his glossy, hopeful eyes locked with mine and I couldn't deny his request.

"Well, she definitely wasn't my favorite. I tried to be her friend so many times but she didn't really even acknowledge I was there half the time. I also feel like she faked it a lot. Like her accent would go in and out so who knows what else she was faking. I understand that's like a thing because she was raised in America but it felt like milked the accent and that bothered me some."

It was harsh but honest. I actually felt like a weight lifted off my chest when I said my peace. Not only a weight off my chest but a warmth in my heart, tugging at my resurfacing feelings for Harry. I haven't crushed on Harry since 2016. I tried suppressing it.

"Oh," Harry replied. I felt like I just crushed him.

"I know you guys are friends now and that's great you're on good terms. She was just never the nicest to me but that shouldn't matter-"