ch. 25 / until we get there

A/N: hi so I actually messed up the dates last chapter. It is NOT 4 days before adore you mv comes out. It's still November. It's edited now but just know it's November for this chapter. Also sorry I've been MIA

Madi's POV

Work was busier than normal today. I had to work out some things with James Corden's studio because he's having Harry come do the crosswalk karaoke in the next couple days. It's a whole production and they had to have me walk through waivers and safety regulations today. It honestly drained my energy trying to get it all figured out. It better be good if Harry has to risk falling from a couple feet in the air, getting hit by cars, or catching on fire. I now sat on my couch with a fire running in the fireplace with a glass on wine, watching the rerun of Harry's SNL episode. I have it recorded for whenever I miss him because it reminds me of how goofy he is. My personal favorite skit is the funeral DJ's. It makes me laugh every time. I haven't personally talked to him other than strictly business in weeks. My phone started ringing and I paused the episode, picking it up and answering it.

"Hello?"

"Madi!" Josh's thick southern accent beamed through the phone.

"Hi Josh, what's up?" I smiled.

"Just calling to check in. See how you're doing..."

"Well... I'm honestly doing pretty well," I sighed and took another sip of wine.

"How's the Harry situation?" He asked.

"Nonexistent. I'm just his assistant. I'm in my own place now and just enjoying the time by myself."

"You miss him?" I paused for a moment before answering.

"Yeah. A lot." I sighed again.

"I'm sorry Mads," I could feel the pity through the phone. "I have a feeling though this isn't the end of y'all's story." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Josh."

"Just...be patient," he said and I brushed off his weird attitude. "You still love him right?"

"Of course," I replied.

"Then just wait," his voice sounded warm and welcoming but still very off he was saying all this to me. My eyebrows furrowed but my attention was spiked elsewhere when a knock came from my door.

"Hang on one second Josh, someone's at my door," I got up with the phone pressed to my ear still and looked through the peephole. I couldn't see anyone standing there so I opened the door expecting a package or something. But to my disbelief there Harry stood. At my apartment door. My eyes widened and I'm sure I turned white as a ghost.

"I-I'll call you back," I stuttered before dropping my phone down to my side.

"Hi nice to meet you I'm Harry Styles," he extends his hand out to shake. He was nervous as well because his hands were sweaty. I shook his hand weakly as my jaw was still sweeping the floor. "I'm madly in love with you. I've written an entire album about you. And someone named Josh just called me saying I couldn't let you go." I felt my cheeks instantly heat and I moved to the side to let him in. He walked in, hands shoved in his pockets and I closed the door behind him then crossed my arms over my chest. I turned to face him, still dumbfounded about what he just said.

"Madi, I've been working on myself and I'm just so ready to have you. To have you be all mine and I just wanna," he reached his hands out to grab me but then resisted," I just wanna hold you and be with you and kiss you and hug you and take you on trips as a couple not as my assistant and I just want us. I want us, Madi," he spoke with his arms and paced my kitchen. I still couldn't form words for what my thoughts were.