ch. 26 / electric

TW: Eating Disorder

Madi's POV

I ran around L. A. like a crazy person today trying to get things prepared for the Adore You video premiere next week. Harry has his James Corden filming tomorrow for the crosswalk concert, though I'm still not sure what that entirely means. So he wasn't able to help me much. He always offers to help but he really shouldn't get spotted in public anyways. He loves his private life so when he offers I usually shut him down. I still cannot believe we are giving this a shot. It's like I always imagined it in my head but I never thought it'd happen. For so long it never lined up right. And now it has. I'm not complaining but it will take some getting used to. I thought it'd be weird kissing him, like it'd be kissing my brother if I had one, but it's not at all. Work life will have to adjust, and starting back at square one will be different because we already know that we're good roommates. It's just...different. It's a whole new, fresh slate.

I fumble with the keys to my apartment while trying to keep my arms from collapsing the binders and paper bags draping from my limbs. I kick the door open after it's unlocked.

"Hi-oh my god do you need help?!" I hear Harry's voice from my kitchen. At first it startled me but then I recognized the accent.

"How did you get in here?" I asked between breaths as Harry rushed over to relieve me of all the stuff I was holding.

"Key under the mat? Really?" He scolded me. "You're a well known person and that's the best you can do?" Harry continued to pester me while making his way back over to the stove. I stand with my hands on my hips.

"Okay sorry," I laughed. "But now at least you have a spare and I can come home to whatever delicious smelling food you're making," I walked over behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso while he stirred the pot. "What're you cooking?" I rested my head against his back.

"Chicken parm," he hummed. I made yummy sounds in response. "What you got in those bags?" He nodded toward the counter they were placed on.

"Oh! I had to run by the Gucci store to pick up the things you ordered. And then I just had to take care of some of the video premiere stuff," I made my way over to the bags and displayed some of the stuff he had ordered online. He nodded and shrugged while continuing to stir.

"To be completely honest with you I don't remember ordering half of that but yay!" He faked being giddy and I just giggled and rolled my eyes, putting everything back in the bags.

"Is it happy hour yet?" I asked, plunking my body in the counter chair.

"Already prepared m'lady," he turned around with a glass half full of white wine. "Here you are," he bowed and I took the glass.

"Why thank you," I batted my lashes, playing along.

"Why thank you," Harry mocked my Louisiana accent while turning around.

"Don't make fun on my roots or I'll start talking in a british accent," my comment made him chuckle.

"For the love of God please don't," I could hear his dimpley smile through his tone. "Alright!" He clapped his hands and rubbed them together while turning to face me. "Dinner time." I smiled and leaned away from the counter so he could place the plate in front of me. Harry then came and sat beside me and we started to eat.

"Good job H, this is really good," I said between bites and he held his fist out for a fist bump and I smiled as I tapped it.

"Okay stop me if this sounds weird," Harry spiked a conversation," because I don't wanna offend you," I swiveled my chair and saw him wiping his mouth with a napkin.