ch. 23 / love myself

A/N: Olivia O'Brien with this song. She really did something

Madi's POV

Week one of making a new Madi was been done. I already feel better, more in my own skin, and more self sufficient. I had just bought a new car and I was unpacking in my new studio apartment that I found rather quickly. Sarah hooked me up with one of her friends that had a place he was leasing so I took the opportunity as quick as I could. I went by our old place with a rental UHaul while Harry was at the studio and picked up all my boxes that he already packed for me. Now I stood here alone, unpacking the life I built for myself the last 6 years and moving it into my own space. A place where I can start over, have my own life, my own plan, get my shit together, and love myself. I heard my phone start ringing and saw that my mom was FaceTiming me. I answered and propped my phone on the counter, continuing to unpack.

"Hi mama!" I said.

"Hi baby! I'm here with your dad. What're you up to?" I could hear my dad mumbling next to her.

"Unpacking in my new apartment!" I yelled back, while yanking out some bubble wrap.

"You're finally in! Yay!" She said. "Are you finally out of living with that BOY," my dad chimes in. I rolled my eyes. It's so against his traditional southern self to move in together before you're married, let alone as business partners.

"Yes dad," I groaned.

"Well good, you know how I felt about that situation," his disgruntled attitude carried well over the phone.

"Hush Al. Do you like the new place sweetheart?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I'm really liking it! I feel....at home." I said.

"Good I'm glad. Super happy for you darlin'. Have you spoken to Harry at all?" She asked.

"Not since we met at the café. He said he was going off the grid for a while though. I don't expect to hear from him." I shrugged and pulled out a couple of picture frames.

"He'll call," she said and I could sense the smile on her lips.

"You think?" I turned toward my phone.

"I know," she nodded. Before our conversation could continue I noticed my screen change. "Madi! What's happening! It says you're paused. What does paused mean?" My mom panicked.

"Mom relax," I approached my phone," I'm getting a call from Jeff, I should take this. Chat later?"

"Sounds good. Love you."

"Love y'all too!" I quickly answered Jeff's call.

"Hello?"

"Madi! Spontaneous team meeting at four. See you then," Jeff said.

"You couldn't have texted me?" I jokingly asked.

"You know damn well you wouldn't have seen it," I sighed realizing he was right.

"I'll be there."

"Good," he hung up on me. I put my phone back down and checked the clock. I had about two hours before I needed to leave for the appointment. I continued to unpack for an hour before my phone rang again. I saw it was Lauren and picked it up.

"Damn I'm popular today," I joked.

"Madi have you been on Twitter," Lauren said rather frantically, ignoring my statement.

"No, why," I felt my cheeks drain of color.

"I DM'ed it to you. Check it right now," Hannah said in the background and I immediately switched apps. "Also where are you?" Lauren asked. I forgot I neglected to tell them everything that happened and that I moved out. But I couldn't answer them right now seeing the tweet Hannah sent. Harry was seen out with Kendall and the paps snapped pictures of them. My hands started sweating and I sat down, afraid if I stood too long that I would collapse.