2. 𝕄𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕟 •

Limping back to my room was not unnoticed by all the people clattered in the room. I could feel the stares burning into my back and following my every move. This is exactly what I was afraid of being treated like, broken glass. I hated pity, I wanted to be treated normally not like some fragile china doll. I was still human after all. Despite the fact these people were strangers, it bothered me that they knew my private information.

I quickly shoved all my belongings into my small suitcase, a bit embarrassed considering the lack of supplies. I grabbed my stuffed bunny rabbit, Milo, and squished it to the very bottom of my bag. I  couldn't get along without it, as childish as it sounds. It's one of the only pleasant memories from my childhood, and that very rabbit holds a big place in my heart.

Having one last look at my room, memories came flooding back to me, this was the exact place I use to hide away from the big bad men. I placed my tiny hand on the light switch and watched the light flicker to darkness. I surely won't be missing that annoying feature.

When I arrived in the living room with my small pink suitcase I was greeted with multiple stares, some sympathetic some of disgust. I just followed the tall woman outside to the black car, when I hit the seats I immediately fell into a peaceful slumber. Woken up by a loud honk, I flinched. Me and Jennifer (I finally learnt her name), made some small talk during the long ride to the Park's residence. She seemed like a genuine person, and I admired her personality.

After several long painful hours of sitting in the car, Jennifer drove up a hill slowing down the car, coming to a stop. It was now early in the morning and I could feel the sun shining bright. "Darling, we are here, your brothers are waiting for you inside, I know you are scared and I would be as well considering you just found out about your brothers" she said soothly with a hint of warmth and comfort. I looked to my left and peered outside the window of the car and my mouth shot wide open.

The house was huge, it looked like a cut out from an Architects Today magazine. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The house was new. Very new. It looked like it had been finished last week. The windows took up entire walls with only polished steel beams to break them into yet more rectangles. There was a perfect view to the beach as well, it was all too much to handle I felt as I was going to faint right then and there. I hope my brothers don't hate me.

I am highly embarrassed, because I am certainly not dressed for this sort of rich environment. I'm used to being poor and living in a shitty, small run-down apartment. We got out of the car and made our way to the front door. I enjoyed the view of the many pot plants that reached upward with broad, spreading leaves. Jennifer, removed her shades, taking in the Mediterranean vibe she had conjured. I was shaking and practically petrified, I probably looked ridiculous in my baggy hoodie and sweats. I'm not ready to see these boys after all these years I missed out on!

They'll probably hate me, anyway, why should I even bother. A tall muscly man opened the door, he was gorgeous, he looked like a model. I could tell he was one of the brothers due to his big blue eyes, just like mine. As he looked down at me his mouth raised into a huge grin. "Hello, my dear Madison, thankyou Jennifer for bringing her" He placed his hand on my back and lead me inside, I am so blessed that I didn't flinch.

I'm am going to have a hard time hiding my secret, but I need to keep it a secret for as long as possible. From the sun-baked dryness of outside, the air conditioning of the house as we entered was a blessing to the skin.

The house was surprisingly clean for nine men. It was a comfortable silence for a few minutes of him staring at me, and me staring at him. I could tell he was on the verge of tears, and it broke my heart seeing this brother of mine like this. I cleared my throat and spoke just above a whisper "Thankyou for taking me in, I'm sorry which brother are you?". I could tell these words hurt him, as his eyes darkened into an ink blue. "Grayson, I'm Grayson "he replied bitterly. To break the awkward tension Jennifer spoke up, which I was mentally very thankful for.

"Madison wasn't informed any information about her brothers or their names. She doesn't know what you all look like and which one is who. We were in a rush to get Maddie accompanied to an adult, as we didn't have time to explain anything". Jennifer spoke very firmly, almost in a scary matter. "I'll be on my way now, and I will be back in a few weeks to check on little Maddie here" she exclaimed as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

Her heals made its way into the distance, leaving me with my older brother. His eyes thickened as he looked at me with kindness. I could tell he was going to be good company, and easy to get along with. Grayson kneeled to be at eye level height with me, and he wrapped me in a big loving hug. I had to very discretely, place my nails into my hand to stop myself from flinching or screaming due to pain. "Come on little one, I'll show you to your room" Grayson said, while playing with the strands of my hair. These words supplied with affection made me smile.

Grayson took my suitcase and it looked like an ant next to his tall figure. He led me up a long staircase, and we walked down a lingering hallway, this house was breathtaking. He opened the door and gently shoved me inside. "w-ow t-his i-s m-y r-room, thank you" I stuttered. Grayson smiled sweetly "We picked out some girly things for you, I hope everything is up to your standards" he chuckled. "a-re y-ou k-idding me this is e-pic, its more than okay!" I jumped in excitement.

I felt a bit childish, but this was honestly amazing, I could tell he looked amused. "We saw some pictures of your old room and house, I can tell it's probably going to take some getting used to, but we wanted it to be as good as possible" Grayson said suddenly looking at me curiously. I nodded nervously; he saw my old house which was in simple terms absolute shit. I can't believe this I'm so humiliated! "Get yourself set up and meet us downstairs for a family meeting, feel free to have a shower, be ready in an hour!" Grayson said and he gave me a reassuring smile.

He disappeared and I was left alone. The room was mine! There was a queen-sized bed, with a blush pink duvet and grey pillows. The walls were white, with seashells hung on them. It was lovely, there were even fairy lights around the rims of the window looking out to the ocean. Best of all there was a walk-in closet! I set up all my things, my clothes barely used up two drawers.

I placed a photo of me and my friends on the desk and stood back satisfied. Milo was on the bed and it all felt settled and right. I made my way to the shower and had a long warm shower. Putting on another baggy hoodie and some purple torn up leggings felt a tad shameful. I didn't belong in this atmosphere. I then ran down the stairs and suddenly felt a burst of joy. I was going to meet the rest of the boys! Wow, I still couldn't believe I had nine brothers.

I heard various deep voices and my confidence faded. I hid behind the wall to the kitchen in fear. "She's a tad shy don't startle her with your stupid jokes!" I heard Grayson say. "I still can't believe our mother never told her about us, Maddie lived here for 2 years for Pete's sake!" another deep voice shouted. "Judging from the pictures of her house our mother wasn't the best, I wish she just stayed with us were we could protect her" a voice yelled.

"Never call her your mother she doesn't deserve that title; she was a horrible woman who abandoned us and took Madison away from us!" I heard an angry man growl. "She doesn't even know which one is which, what kind of stupid fucking bullshit is that." I heard Grayson howl.

I froze in shock, only if they knew. I made a little shriek from there yelling, as it startled me tremendously, reminding me of my past. Nine sets of eyes made their way to my tiny self. A boy who looked like he was 16 was smirking widely as he saw me "You haven't grown much, have you shortie?" he had a defined grin like a Cheshire cat. My cheeks reddened as I looked down to my feet, not knowing what to do with all this attention.

I love writing this book, thanks for all the votes and comments! I can't believe all the support, writing this book is so much fun and I can't wait to continue it, especially to see Maddie develop as an individual. :)