7. 𝕄𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 •

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

#blacklivesmatter

Madison's P.O.V

The boys all turn their eyes directly at me, their wide blue, intimidating eyes. Their eyes were like the ocean, so full of life yet so uncertain. The blue-green hue carried a spark of love. The boys gave me some looks of sympathy, some of amusement. I even saw Matthew hold a look of concern.

"U-um do we have to w-atch t-hat" I quietly let slip out. This movie looked damn scary. I don't do to well with horror movies. They remind me of my dark times, the pain people are feeling in movie, I can feel. I can relate.

I looked up shyly from Shane's comfortable shoulder. I feel the heat growing in my cheeks. By now they must be beyond an attractive rosiness. I felt as if all my insecurities were writ large across my face and there was nowhere to hide. As my anxieties mounted, they became a circle, like a song stuck on repeat.

"C'mon sweetie, don't be scared, your big bros will be here to protect you" Jackson said. I scoffed and nodded my head. They may not realise it, but those very words made me feel loved. I felt my heart bounce.

"Go get in your pjs Mads, if you fall asleep on the couch, we'll just carry you up" Grayson exclaimed with a smirk. I got up from the warmth of my brothers' arms, then sprinted up the stairs, I almost tripped due to my clumsiness. I successfully made it to my room and grabbed a pair of fluffy pyjamas.

Before I put them on, I stood in the mirror observing my body. Purple welts were scattered across my abdomen like a disease. It hurt to breath and I wondered if some ribs were cracked. I looked terrible, utterly disgusting. I pulled my collar down revealing a dark purple bruise lining my neck.

I shoved more makeup on it, attempting to cover up.
My name was being called from downstairs to hurry and I quote; the fuck up. I put the pieces of clothing on. They were white and pink, a little too flashy for my liking but the comfort made up for it.

Brayden picked them out at the mall, and I was thankful. The pyjamas lay soft on my skin, I have never worn such warm secure clothing.

I run back downstairs and jump on the couch between Jason and Brayden. They chuckle at my childishness. My ribs were hurting so much, I would scream right now if I could. For these boys though, my pain could wait. All they've shown me is kindness, I definitely don't deserve it. "You look cute, Maddie" Noah said. "Thank you, Noah," I smiled in awe.

Jason ended up placing me on his lap so everyone could fit on the couch. I was very relived for this, despite my usual hatred for touch. He let me squeeze his arm in the scary parts whilst he whispered soothing words into my ears. In the darkness his cuddles are like a little touch of heaven, warm, together.

His arms are wrapped right around me, they bring a peace I've never known before, a calming of the storms in my heart. In his embrace I start to believe that there is nothing out there to fear, that all there is, is sunshine. His cuddles are the only medicine I need, they are the light in the darkness, a lone star in an otherwise empty sky.

The boys would tease me every known and then throughout the movie calling me a baby. I even had a tickle fight with Noah, he ended up winning; of-course. It was a good night, ice cream being the main aspect.

I feel my self slowly drift. I was tired as hell, weary with the burden of long-closed eyes; I could have easily pulled off being a walking zombie, dead on the inside but subconsciously awake.

I feel this blackness come over me. Like a blanket, but not a blanket of warmth but a blanket of coldness making me shiver.

But somehow, it's making my eyes feel heavier and heavier. I finally close my eyes sending me into dreamland.

I felt my head being placed onto a soft surface. Then my duvet was tucked around me, causing me to melt into the mattress. I could practically feel my brothers' presence. I wanted to speak and acknowledge them but I had no energy.

Leonardo's P.O.V

I've been up for ages, I finally came to the point of the night where I was actually processing the idea of sleep. I swear Netflix is way too much of a distraction.

I turned my laptop off, suddenly not tired. I looked over to my bedside table and saw the bright numbers of 4:20. Damn I really get carried away.

I reflected on today, Madison. She is pure and too angel like for this world. My God, I missed her. We all did. A day didn't go by were her face didn't appear in my mind. I wish she never had left, I missed out on all these years; ten to be exact. I could tell she was damaged.

I just wanted to protect her and make her feel happy. She deserved that. Tomorrow I hope to bring her to my game, I'm going to show her my passion for Basketball. I can just picture her smile, whilst I teach her some skills.

Then I heard it, my heart was pounding. A scream. Not just any scream, Maddie's scream. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I jumped out of bed and slammed open her door, she was kicking and screaming. This was terrifying to witness. I raced to the boy's rooms waking all of them up, not knowing what on earth to do next. Who had caused this trauma on my dear Maddie.

Madison's P.O.V

The memory of that night flooded my mind like water rushing into a sinking ship. Waking up to the sound of breaking glass. His hands tightening around my throat. The sound of me crying out for him to stop. The back of his hand across my face. It wasn't hard to recall. After all, this was my life; I run, he finds me, he gets his revenge, repeat.

"You're such a waste of space, you're worthless and pathetic" the bad man had screamed at my trembling frail body. My surroundings were pitch black; I was as blindfolded. I felt a cold metal touch my forehead. It all felt to real.

"GET OFF ME!" I yelled and kicked. I was done with his bullshit. "Maddie, take a deep breath, it's all a dream, we are here!" I heard a familiar voice shout. A firm grip was around my legs, and my hands, I wasn't giving up.

"I SAID GET OFF ME, DON'T TOUCH ME" at this point there were tears forming in my eyes. I didn't stop moving, I was full on wriggling and squirming whilst I attempted to move and attack the man.

"Madison, stop it, you are hurting yourself" a deep voice had said firmly. I felt a sudden splash of water collide with my face. I gasped and was brought out of my Night-terror. I opened my eyes and found nine faces glued to mine. "What the fuck was that!" Xander fumed.

What would you all like to see in future chapters ?

I highly appreciate all the lovely messages and comments I get for this book! I'm so thankful for 2k reads, damn.

Sorry for not updating for seven days, I've been so busy and life is very hard at the moment.

Love you all, make sure to express your thoughts in the comments and please make sure to vote!