10. 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕗𝕦𝕝 •

Madison's P.O.V

I ended up telling the boys, everything, yes everything. I never expected them to be so understanding, and kind about it. Judging by the looks on their faces though, they seemed fucken pissed.

It was one of the hardest moments of my life, both physically and mentally draining. I'm quite thankful that I let it all out though, a weight has been lifted off my chest.

There is a certain sense of warmth, a fullness of soul and breath that is thankful of what I did, I'm glad.

I'm not going to lie; a lot of tears were shed. But in the end it was worth it, I'm not hiding anything from them anymore.

I ended up sleeping in Jason's bed, because I was way too pussy to be left alone with my thoughts. He was so gentle with me and it was simply adorable to witness. I can't complain though, Jason and I shared a great cuddle session. When I woke up in his arms, I never felt so protected and safe. It was an amazing feeling; but a foreign feeling.

When my eyes greet the day, bathed in free-given sunshine and the colours come full bright, there is a serenity that is thankfulness.

I am thankful for the gift of my brothers. Thankful for their endless supply of love. I'm thankful for their kisses and cuddles. I'm thankful to be here.

I made an agreement with the boys that I'd go to the hospital later today to get myself checked out. But I wanted to join Leonardo at his basketball game. So, me and Jason compromised, for me to go straight to the hospital after Leo's game. I can't wait to see Leo play!

"Sunshine go back to sleep" mumbled Jason and he tugged on the hem of my shirt. He hugged me tighter, if that's even possible. I snuggled further into his chest, inhaling his comforting scent. "Jj, t-hanks for the c-uddle" I whispered in his ear. "You're welcome, sweet pea" he gently stroked my hair out of my face.

His smirk grew even wider whilst I traced his tattoos. I've never felt so at peace with another human. Me and Jason connected instantly, and I felt safe with him. He's like the father figure I never had. I wished my mother never left this place; I wonder what my life would've been like if I never left.

I was starting to doze off into a peaceful slumber when the door flew open. "MADS, GET YOUR CUTE ASS OUTTA BED, LET'S GET READY TO GO TO THE GAME, MY MATES WILL LOVE YOU" Leo screamed.

I chuckled and smiled as wide as I possibly could. "Fucken hell you moron, keep it down!" Jason replied, with a shake of the head.  It was very amusing to watch the two playfully argue, live in action.

I tried to make my way out of Jason's hold, but he pulled me back down and rested his head in the crook of my neck. "Don't leave me cutie" he pouted. I giggled, "Jason, you're a big boy I'm sure you can manage". He looked so cute and precious from this angle, so of course I tapped his nose and kissed his forehead.

I made my way out of the room, only to be thrown into the air. My laughter echoed in the hallway whilst Grayson attacked me with kisses. "Gray, put me down" I ordered, but he just laughed and chucked me over his shoulder. Fucking asshole.

Grayson carried me back to my room and placed me on the floor. "Get changed honey, we're leaving in 30". I sighed and nodded, making my way to my closet. Holy shit I almost forgot I have more than 3 outfits to choose from! I ended up choosing some grey sweatpants, with one of Noah's comfy hoodies.

It was the sort of hoodie that hugged you, that brought a sense of safety. With it on I breathed more easily, felt calmer. I realise it's just clothing, but the familiar scent of Noah's cologne was so heart-warming. One hundred percent my new favourite piece of clothing. I combed through my curly locks and did my usual morning routine.

The staircase creaked as I made my way down them. The staircase is battered but beautiful. Although it looks tired and worn down, there are signs of a past full of balls and banquets; scuffed bronze handrails, iron swirled balusters and the patches of polished wood that shines in the soft light.

I noticed that the kitchen tiles are the calling of the ocean with their swirls of cyan and royal blue. The whole house is ocean themed, it makes sense considering we live right by a beach.

The beach is officially my new favourite place, thanks to Brayden and his friends. I would do anything to go back in the waves.

"Hey babe, there's some cereal and fruit waiting for you on the table" Jackson exclaimed. "Why thank-you, jacky" I smiled. "Hey can we please go to the beach again" I asked Brayden as I sat next to him. "Maddie, of course, I go basically everyday and no matter what you're going to be joining me" he patted my head.

We had stupid, meaningless conversation about the most pointless things, but it wasn't about what we said that mattered, it was that we were bonding as a family. I was proud that I was contributing to the banter with these boys. I barely even stuttered.

I already consider them family. "Let's go hoes" Leo screeched as he jumped on top of the table and started twerking. I bursted out laughing, so did the others. This boy was something else. I loved his energy, holy fuck I need to know what he's on. I could use some of that confidence.

"Seriously Lee, get down from there you actual fucktart" Jason said sternly. Which only made us all laugh louder.

Where the fuck was I all these years, I needed this.

"Go Leo!" I yelled and jumped up and down in happiness. This boy was amazing at basketball, I could never with my two left feet. Also due to my height, I would fucken suck. He was truly phenomenal.

His team was winning, and I was so proud of my big brother. I was low-key tempted to run up to him in the middle of the game and give him a big hug, but I stopped myself.

The game has gone by so quickly, I guess it's true what they say, time flys by when you're having fun! There were 30 seconds left, and Leo scored yet another goal. Oh my God, he's on X games mode.

"YESSS LEO" I clapped. The buzzer went off, signalling that the game had ended. I of course pranced my way over to Leo and he picked me up in his arms and swayed me around. I placed a kiss on his jaw and congratulated him on his victory.

"You were so amazing Lee!" I told him. He chuckled and put his head in the crook of my neck. I jumped out of his hold, realising how damn sweaty he was.

"Ewww, you're all sweaty" I fake gagged. Leonardo chuckled and chased me around the court. It was so much fun, I never wanted this to end.

"Maddie, it's time to go to the hospital" Jason being the buzz killer he is announced.

Well I'm fucked.

Hey everyone! I know it's been awhile, I'm very sorry for that. Your comments and votes always bring a smile onto my face. I'm blessed to have you guys as my supporters.

I wasn't in a very good mental state recently, and I resulted in doing some pretty stupid shit. I also needed a break from work, so I took a month off. I promise you I will never give up on this book!

I'll try to update once a week again. I'm aiming to write 69 chapters to this story ( lmao yes I know ;).

Once this book is finished I was thinking of writing a sequel that would be about Madison as an older teenager. Or one when she is little, before her mum took her away.

Sorry if my writing isn't the best lately, I'm trying. I need to get back into the habit of writing.

I updated the characters aesthetics again. (Look on introduction to characters)

Just thought I'd share my plans for this book! Take care, love you all! <3