9. 𝔽𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕕 •

Sorry for slow updates, life is really hard at the moment. I'm literally never motivated to do anything.

I changed some of the aesthetics for the characters, feel free to use them. Or you can use your imagination. :)

By the way just a clarification for some of my readers, the photos of people at the top are not characters, they are just aesthetic photos I find on Pinterest.

Madison's P.O.V

I was too tired to argue. I simply had no more energy left in me to fight. They were going to find out. Jason's presence made it easier though. He grasped my tiny hand and gave me a gentle squeeze. I knew the truth would have to come out eventually, it always does.

I was lying down on the couch, Grayson's arms on my legs, firmly holding me down. Whilst Matthew's hand on my own, gently stroking my hair back. There was no way out. I'm not prepared to be exposed; I don't want them to view me differently.

"Maddie whatever it is you're hiding we are going to help" Jason whispered as he took hold of my pyjama shirt. I clenched my eyes shut, not prepared for the pity I was about to receive.

The sun was rising, I could see the rays of light in the distance coming from the window. I feel bad for waking up the whole household, I'm such a burden.

The inky darkness engulfs the frail light, diminishing all happiness and bliss that had risen with the sun. Now only silence lingers in the air. A small sigh of anxiety leaps out of my mouth. Tersely, my eyes flicker to my surroundings.

"I'm going to need you to stay still for me, okay baby" Jason whispered. I nodded while shaking, trying my best to do so.

Fear travelled in my veins but never made it to my facial muscles. My complexion remained pale and matt, I've mastered my poker face. I am watching this all unravel rather dramatically; my heart is hammering, but I still make sure to show absolutely no hint of hesitation.

My mind flickers back to my past and all the baggage I'm carrying. Streaming tears cleansed my red cheeks. The salty release flowed into my mouth so that I could practically taste my own sorrow.

I felt a sudden rush of cold air on my now exposed, bruised ribs. I quickly hid my face in the side of the couch. The arms on my legs were released. Even Matthew's calming actions had stopped.

I heard many gasps, grunts of anger and even a lamp smash in the process. I felt so guilty causing this pain on them.

I slowly lifted my head up and looked around the room. In simple terms they all looked pissed. Like they were ready to kill. I gulped and went to pull my shirt down, but Jason stopped me and grabbed my wrist tightly. I winced at the tight grip and his gaze immediately softened.

"What the actual fuck" Shane fumed. "Fuck, FUCK" Xander screamed. "Holy shit" Jackson whispered. They all looked speechless; lost for words. "Talk to us Maddie, please" Matthew held my hand once again. I felt my lips tremble as I tried to open my mouth, nothing came out.

"That explains your fucking jumpiness" Noah mumbled. "Madison please no more lies, tell us how that happened" Brayden announced, with tears in his eyes. "I c-an't, I p-romised" at this point I was full on balling my eyes out.

I felt someone lift me onto their lap and stroke my back, creating patterns with their fingers. I was too damaged and weak to look up. I was emotionally and physically drained.

The person was whispering soothing words in my ears; I came to a realisation that this was Grayson. A smile crept on my face thinking about his kindness.

I heard distant chatter and felt myself being placed on a soft surface. "Sleep well Mads, we'll talk soon" Grayson exclaimed whilst kissing me between my eyebrows.

The egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into my eyes. My brain is as a flat battery, the exertions of the night being a marathon of erratic problem-solving. And so, this day will pass as if I am hungover, not from drinks, but from the nightmares that demand solutions.

I sit up, missing the warmth the fluffy duvet provided. Wait a second, this isn't my room. I have no idea whose room this is but judging by the mess and posters I'm guessing it's Grayson's. He had briefly informed me of his passion for football and all his trophies he had earned over the years.

I realised that Milo was in my arms, redness rose in my cheeks, Grayson must have taken the time to get him for me. The boys probably knew about my attachment to the stuffed animal, I'm so fucken embarrassed right now.

I scattered down the stairs and went to the kitchen to have a glass of water. The shelves were too tall for me to reach, fucken hell. This house was built for giants. Before I could climb onto the bench a strong pair of arms lifted me up so I could reach.

"Shortie" Noah snickered as he lowered me back down. I glared at him, but he just laughed, I really did try to be intimidating but I knew I looked stupid.

"Cutie" he chuckled as he ruffled my hair. "Hey!" I shot back. He pinched my nose, "What a cute little baby". I huffed and shook my head in disapproval. At least he wasn't treating me differently.

"Noah stop fucking annoying Maddie" Jason spoke as he appeared behind me with his arms on my shoulders. I flinched at the touch.

The authority in his voice kind of scared me. "Madison come with me, we are going to continue our conversation". I gulped and nodded following him out to the balcony.

It was still as beautiful as ever. "Maddie, I know it is a rough topic, but I can ensure you that you are safe with us, you can trust us" he spoke so kindly it made my heart melt. "I k-now, I'm j-ust scared you will view me d-ifferently" I stuttered.

"Honey you are our sorella, we will never judge you" he said. My eyes glimmered with watery tears, I felt as if the whole world was about to crumble. I dropped down on my knees and screamed with all my might.

I sobbed and tears flooded like the waters rushing down from a waterfall and the only time I'd stop was to fill my lungs with fresh air.

"Hey shh, its okay I'm here" Jason held me in his lap and rocked me from side to side. I couldn't express in words how much his love had helped.

When I calmed down, I knew it was coming. The talk. "I'm going to ask you some questions okay, nod or shake your head, you don't have to speak baby, I know this is hard for you"

I was so thankful I didn't have to speak, Jason understood me. He really was a good man. "Was that bruise formed on purpose" he asked.

I nodded my head. His jaw clenched. "Did someone do this to you" he said. I nodded and looked down. Jason gripped my chin and lifted it up, so I was at eye level with him.

"Has someone been hurting you, more than once" he growled. I nodded once again, scared shitless . "I swear to God" there stood Xander who looked so fucken pissed. His hands were balled into fists and he looked more scary than ever.

Holy shit.

Once again thank you for everything. I promise you I'll try to update more. Make sure to comment and vote!

Lmao sorry for leaving y'all on another cliffhanger, promise I'll try to stop.

Love and appreciate you all.