8. 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟 •

"Don't think that me leaving means I love you less, know that it means I love you more."

Madison's P.O.V

My brain stutters for a moment and my eyes take in more light than I expected, every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up. They know. I stared into those bright blue eyes that burned with anger, and my heart fell silent. "Answer me!" Xander roared.

But I couldn't will my lips to move. "Madison" he demanded. But my mind was blank and my eyes were wide as I stared at him in horror. His eyes desperately searched mine... waiting. I had to say something! I searched my mind for something reasonable to say.

"I'm s-orry for w-aking you g-uys. I-t was just a stupid n-ightmare over t-t-the movie, no biggy" I stuttered, god I hate when I do that. "That my dear child, was no normal nightmare" Grayson suddenly spoke with gritted teeth.

I was shaking. "Shh, baby you're okay" Jason played with my tangled hair. Brayden was crouched down on my left side, his soft hand ran up and down my damp cheeks, from crying. I wanted to die, I didn't deserve to have love, I deserved pain.

"That's it, WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED MADISON, DON'T PRETEND THAT WAS JUST A NIGHTMARE" Xander screamed. I hid my face in the pillow, not containing the courage to look anyone in the eye, especially Xander. His comfort from the other day seemed so distant, it almost felt that he completely switched personalities. I swear this motherfucker is bipolar.

I may be a bloody shy child, but my mind speaks so loudly. If I had the confidence, I'd be a whole lot more talkative. I am introvert, always preferring solitude over business. I hold to much anxiety; I've been through so many situations where I have learnt that my words are not needed. It takes me time to be myself around people, these boys will soon learn that about me.

"Xander leave now, you're making things worse and you're scaring her" Jason demanded. "In fact, all of you get the fuck out" Jason spoke with dominance. "Are you joking!?" Noah screeched. "No, oh hell no" Leonardo sassed. "We all deserve the truth, no more fucking lies" Shane yelled. He always seemed so centred and calm, this was a new side to him that I feared with a deep passion.

Jackson and Matthew were both silent looking at me with pity, I loathe pity. I couldn't handle the emotional baggage anymore, I was done. It is time for me to leave, for good. Despite my bruised body I leaped up out of the covers and darted for the staircase. I heard  multiple deep voices in the distance, but I kept running.

Over my years I've learned how to escape, even in excruciating pain. There is such sadness in leaving this house, a place of strong love, a place of fond memories and warmth. It may have only been two days, but I know I will savour each memory so strongly. They showed me kindness I didn't even know existed.

I know that the strands of love will keep us together even when we are far apart. I only have to reach out with my mind and there they are, waiting to shower me with the love they always did. But right now, it is my time to depart, to do what I was born to do, to make the changes and the sacrifices that are necessary.

They didn't need a burden like me. A damaged girl, a worthless brat. I am doing them all a big favour. I was too lost in thought I didn't even realise I ran straight into the front door. My head was pounding, and it sent a rush of pain throughout the rest of my body. At this moment I knew I fucked up.

My ribs were on fire, they've never been in this much agony before. I held onto my stomach and let all the tears escape like a waterfall.

Pain sears through my abdomen. My mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion. Without meaning to my body curls into something fetal, something primeval and all the while the pain burns and radiates.

"Oh my, FUCK, holy shit, Maddie!" Matthew's voice echoed through the house when he saw my limp body curled up on the floor. I felt myself being brought into a pair of strong arms. It was Matthew.

He was surprisingly comfy even with all the muscle. I'm glad he was gentle with me; he was a good guy.
"Madison are you okay?" he looked down at me. "I n-eed p-ainkillers" I was so timid; I hate myself for that.

I could tell he sensed my discomfort, so he walked into the kitchen and placed me on the counter "Look baby, if you don't tell us the cause of that so called 'nightmare' we can't help you" Matthew said, as he handed me a glass of water.

I sipped the glass with shaky hands and nodded my head, informing him that I understood. "S-orry" I let out. "Stop fucking apologising Mads" Xander appeared in the hallway, followed by seven other heads. I gulped; I wasn't fucking ready for confrontation.

"Maddie, why are you holding your stomach, please just tell us" Brayden announced softly. I looked down at my dangling feet. Someone grabbed my chin firmly and slowly brought my small head up, it was Noah. "Here" Noah whispered as he wiped my tears away with his thumb. I gave him a wide grin; he was a softie.

"Let's go to the living room, love-bug" Noah smirked. He helped me down from the counter and grabbed my delicate hand. There is a sudden pain that throbbed in my ribs, it's deep and warm, but not in a nice way. Every step feels like a nail bomb exploding in my innards. If it wasn't for Noah, I'd curl right up here and let the pain take me away to the next life.

Noah lead me over to the couch. I gracefully plunged down into the cushions, like my life depended on it. Just yesterday I was on this very couch, curled on Jason's lap. "Maddie I'm going to need to see what damage is on your ribs" Jason reached for the hem of my pyjama top and I filched back.

I don't know, I just don't think this is right for me. I don't want to do it. Like I can't take the pressure of it. It was all too much. There is no way out, they'll know my secret. I'm truly fucked.

I updated a day early! I just had to for all my lovely readers.

My friends found out about my book and they've been so supportive, shoutout to you guys all reading this. Love you so much!

Thank-you so much everyone for the ongoing love you've given me. I have so much planned for the book and can't wait to write more.

I never thought this book would even be successful, I originally wasn't going to continue it, but all the comments I've received have really made an impact. I can't thank you all enough.

Please make sure to vote and comment, love you all.